Puppy food question

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Deano82, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Deano82

Deano82 Registered Users

We are picking our pup up saturday and he is currently eating purina beta chicken. At our local pet store they only have he lamb or turkey flavours

Do we need to get the same flavour food that he is eating now? Or will the lamb or turkey be fine?

Thanks

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Puppy food question

How exciting for you,bet Saturday can't come quick enough!
    Welcome to the forum,I have Dexter ,a yellow boy who is now nearly 15 months old ,he's our first dog.
    In my limited experience I would say to try and get your puppy the same food as he is currently on...if you find it difficult to get the chicken you could slowly change over to the more easily available lamb or turkey.he will be going through so much change and upheaval ,their tums can get a little bit upset anyway,this is something you can keep constant for him while you settle him in.as I say I'm only talking from the experience of one dog,one who has a particularly sensitive stomach too ::)could you ask the breeder to get you a stock in for when you collect your pup?
    Enjoy the forum
    Angela

3. Deano82

Deano82 Registered Users

Re: Puppy food question

Hi, yes we cant wait to pick him up!

I think the breeder will give us a few days worth of food but i will check in other pet stores and hopefully will find the chicken