Puppy Food Recommendations

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Whiskypup, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Whiskypup

Whiskypup Registered Users

Hello, I am looking into changing my puppies food from what the breeder sent him home with. It's all a bit of a minefield and I'm confused as to what to get. I believe Orijen is good but do I go for Large breed or their standard puppy food. Canagan was also recommended but unsure what type. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hi , have a look here www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk This site gives a good overview of most popular brands in the UK . It will also explain the content in good detail and help you to make the best decision .

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hi, is there any reason you're looking to change? Is your puppy not doing well on it?

4. Whiskypup

He's doing fine but I was under the impression that I was supposed to change. Is that not the case?

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Not at all, unless you have a problem or don't believe the food is "good enough" for your dog. Most reputable breeders will ensure that the food they provide the puppy with is high quality, but if you have any doubts, let us know what food you're currently feeding. If your puppy is thriving on it, has a good coat and plenty of energy, then there's no reason to change until he needs to change to an adult food, the age of which varies depending on the brand of food you're using.

6. Whiskypup

He's currently on Gusto Puppy food.