Puppy lame on front leg

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Huffspost, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Huffspost

Huffspost Registered Users

Hi, my 5 month old black lab puppy has been limping on his front leg for 3 days now. Vet prescribed metacam but no improvement. He's had no walks for 3 days and is going crazy. I'm taking him for an X ray this morning. Am so worried, he is such a good boy and am dreading if they find something serious. Any advice or stories similar would be really helpful. He was fine on his walk on Sunday, which was about 50 minutes but then woke up on Monday with it. Thank you.

2. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

So sorry to hear that your puppy has a limp! I don't have any experience with this, but hopefully the xray will shed some light. In the meantime, maybe give him lots of tasty frozen Kongs to keep him distracted :) Do let us know how he gets on! Keeping my fingers crossed for you both, Lucy

3. Huffspost

Huffspost Registered Users

Hi Lucy, well I went for his crate this morning and saw a different vet who didn't recommend X ray! I'm now on a further week rest and then a ct scan if no improvement as this will show more. I understand the theory but wish I had that advice at beginning of the week. Now got to ring pet insurance to check I am covered..£1200!!