Puppy potty training help

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Lisaloob8611, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Lisaloob8611

Lisaloob8611 Registered Users

Hi everyone. I've only had flora a week now and first couple of nights I slept downstairs with her whilst she was in her bed and crate. She's perfectly fine at night no whining etc. I go to bed around 12 and always take her out for last min potty. She wakes me up around 6/7 and goes straight outside. But this morning I moved her bed and it was saturated underneath with wee. I don't know how long she's been doing it. But I did feel on top yesterday and wasn't wet. What is best to do ?

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

It may have been a one off - check each morning. If she is wetting the bed without letting you know I'd set your alarm for 4am ish for a week or two to pop her out for a wee. Their bladders soon mature enough for them to be able to hold it overnight.

:)

3. Plum's mum

Plum's mum Registered Users

If it's wet underneath tomorrow check if the top is wet too. The floor or plastic tray under my pup's bed has sometimes been damp (not wet) but her bed has been dry. Another pup owner on the forum had a similar issue. I attributed it to the heat of her little body, it certainly wasn't wee.

4. Lisaloob8611

Lisaloob8611 Registered Users

Thank you for replying both of you. It was definitely wee but I'm going to set alarm to take her out in the night. X