Puppy remodelling the house...

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by LovelyBonny, Oct 28, 2014.

1. LovelyBonny

LovelyBonny Registered Users

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fgc81obcrh4tq1/Photo 27-10-2014 17 43 45.jpg?dl=0

Came home from work to this!!
    Bonny had only been left alone for 1 hour (we currently have my other halfs cousin in our spare room so she was with the dog until 4!)
    To be fair, it's my fault as she should have been in her crate and I left instructions to just put Bonny in the kitchen. URGH.

Anyway - I didn't punish her as I wasn't sure whether to or not. (I don't punish her for potty accidents either)

I was told a lot of things about labs, but I didn't know they liked wallpaper!! ;)

2. Looby Lou

Looby Lou Registered Users

Re: Puppy remodelling the house...

Oooops!! Makes me glad we have no wallpaper cosy two love to shred it and I'm sure the walls would be no exception! They have however had a gnaw at the door frame.... Butter apple spray seems to have stopped that.

Lou x

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Oops ::) that's one reason why I don't have wallpaper ;)

4. Julie1962

Julie1962 Registered Users

Tis nothing ;) LOL sorry we have Betty Chihuahua to thank for the small bedroom having little paper behind the bed, very little paper behind the sofa and desk in the living room and we had to ceramic tile the walls in the hallway when the late Mollie was left for 30 minutes at 12 weeks old and managed to eat her way through the wall paper, wall and into the next room came home to find her head stuck through the back of the wardrobe in the bedroom (she was shut in the hallway). In contrast Elsie has been a dream only attacking her bed and a cushion.

5. LovelyBonny

6. Steph

Steph Registered Users

Oh they know how to work us don't they! Are you taking her to the DIY store to help pick out new patterns to her taste?

7. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Perhaps you should get some woodchip wallpaper, more roughage in her diet

Seriously though, congrats on not punishing her. She is a young creature that knows no better. More often than not when they are very young it is our failure for not anticipating their needs and their actions.

8. LovelyBonny

I think I should take her to B&q to see what she likes best. Or maybe it's a nutrient thing, she's maybe deficient in paper haha.

They certainly do know how to work us, she's got me well trained.

9. Looby Lou

Looby Lou Registered Users

Mine seem obsessed with anything paper or wood! We've bought them a new toy which is a stick containing real wood, so it smells like wood too, not quite as appealing as a branch from the maple tree but they do seem to like it for their evening chew time x

10. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Oh dear. Well, I guess she felt a change was in order. :)

11. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Well, it wasn't as bad as I expected from the title of your post ;D You couldn't punish her as she would have no idea why, unless you caught her in the act. She wouldn't even know it wasn't the thing to do :)

12. Joy

Joy Registered Users

All of my puppies have stripped wallpaper - Molly's been the worst as she's done it while I've been in the room! ::)