Puppy snoring and puppy scratching ears.....

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by CDM, Jan 14, 2015.

1. CDM

CDM Registered Users

Hey do anyone else's puppies do the above? Read Pippa's article recently re snoring... She's not overweight etc only 12 weeks and doesn't always snore just occasionally.... Over tired ?? Also, I had her ears checked, she scratches them a fair bit but he said he saw no issues and told me not to clean them .....or if I chose too just to use proper ear cleaner stuff. They do look a bit red tho and I know dogs scratch but seems quite a bit. Just interested in others experiences.

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Re: Puppy snoring and puppy scratching ears.....

We sometimes get some snoring but it dpends what position she is sleeping in.
    But very lucky not to have experienced ear problems. Often will scratch/rub her muzzle though.

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Harley snores occasionally, usually when she's upside down ;D

4. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Pongo has always been snoring champion of the UK. He takes great pride in being able to snore loud enough to drown out the TV. He doesn't snore if lying on his back....

5. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

6. CDM

CDM Registered Users

[quote author=Boogie link=topic=9510.msg137197#msg137197 date=1421314205]
    When Tatze's ears were red and itchy she had ear mites. I used Thornit, a powder which you dust on the upper ear - not inside. You put it on paws too as they transfer the mites.

It's an old fashioned remedy, which works.

:)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thornit-Ear-Powder-20-g/dp/B00560R08Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421314136&sr=8-1&keywords=thornit
    [/quote]

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye on her and if worsens try it. She's not been out loads though so not sure she has ear mites.