Puppy teeth falling out

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Annie, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Annie

Annie Registered Users

Hi there! Haven't posted in a while... Life with Juno is going well... 8 weeks down the line and things are settling in to place nicely. But my concern is her puppy teeth Juno has just turned 4 months and have noticed today she is missing 4 of her front teeth (the tiny ones right at the front, two at the top and two at the bottom!!). Is this normal to lose them so quickly? I thought it was the back ones which go first? I am worried she has broken them off rather than falling out naturally!!

2. skooch

skooch Registered Users

Re: Puppy teeth falling out

Juno sounds normal to me, but only have Kenzi as a guide, front ones were the first to go for kenzi. she'd lost all of them and new ones in by around 6months, i think the back ones were the last to come in.

3. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Re: Puppy teeth falling out

The same happened with Pongo (and yes, around 4 months-ish). He was all gappy for quite a while (poor boy..... couldn't help laughing at him....).
    The only awkward ones were his canines, they didn't come out cleanly and were hanging on sideways for a while with the new ones already visible underneath (in the end we very gently tweaked them out for him).

He was soooo proud of his strong new adult teeth!