Puppy with a cold or allergies

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Yvonne, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

My 6 month old Cooper (just neutered 10 days ago) seems to have caught a cold(?) because he sneezes and has a runny nose that, when I try to dry, has a pinkish color to it (not his nose....the runny part). Took him to the vet and he had no temperature, his lungs were clear, and she was flumoxed a bit and then thought it could be allergies......to keep an eye on him and see if his healthy body just fights this. Has anyone encountered a puppy getting a cold or sinus? Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch.

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Puppy with a cold or allergies

Hi Yvonne,I can't help you from my own experience with a lab but my Mum had this with a spaniel once....it was a grass seed stuck up a nostril.....I guess this was considered by your vet though ?
    Best wishes
    Angela

3. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

I think Chepi had a cold a couple of weeks ago, she had a little runny nose and kept blowing her nose; one big sneeze pushed out a huge splat. My vet didn't have any ideas and Chepi's heart, lungs and temperature were ok. It lasted about a week and just went.

4. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

Penny has had a bit of a dry cough the last couple of days so there could be something going around... Where she got it from I have no idea as she hasn't been up close and personal with another dog for a while (I know, mean! But it's all part of her training!)

Could just be the time of year, or as it's been so warm and muggy lately perhaps the pollen count is high again?