Raw Feeding a 10 week old puppy

Discussion in 'Raw Feeding' started by ChocolateLab121221, Dec 22, 2021.

1. ChocolateLab121221

ChocolateLab121221 Registered Users

Hello everyone!

I will be picking up a new 10 week old chocolate lab puppy on Monday (2nd chocolate lab). When my 1st lab Jake was diagnosed with osteosarcoma and osteoarthritis in Jul 20 I switched him over to raw food. However a puppy and an adult lab have different nutritional needs I wanted to get input on this.

I fed Jake one meal a day which consisted of 14-18 pz of meat, grass fed beef, chicken, quail, and lamb. If I was cooking salmon I would cook a second one for him. I would mix vegetables such as brocolli, sweet potato, and peas to name a few.

Any recipes or suggestions to feed the new puppy?

Thanks

2. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Registered Users

Been raw feeding mine since 2 months. He's 6 now. My rule was 2-2.5% of bodyweight, a little less now that's his older. Feed 2x a day a mixture of ground turkey and beef, some white fish, gizzards, some liver (about 10% of total), then throw in some berries and about 1 tbsp of oats. I'll mix it up with some duck or rabbit. Chicken is a great and cheap source IF your pup is not intolerant. I've not really changed the basic menu except to give him less. NOTE: be careful with salmon. Can be a killer cooked or raw so I only give him salmon oil.