reasons not to get a lab

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by caroleb, Apr 29, 2012.

1. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Re: reasons not to get a lab

Interesting, especially as I put together an article on a similar subject this morning for our new resource page 'getting a labrador puppy'.
    The article is called "A labrador: the right dog for you?" It never occured to me that anyone might find it offensive - will be interesting to see the comments. :D

3. David

David Registered Users

I think people will only find an article like that offensive if they have a sense of humour block. ;D

It's all true and I could add to the list. For example (actual stuff from when Lady was a small puppy and untrained - as opposed to 2 1/2 years old and still untrained :eek:) ).

Don't get a lab if you are no good at telephone wiring. I re-installed three systems before having to put a vandal proof polypropylene box around the telephone main socket and hiding the cable under the carpet until it emerged the other side of the stair gate (essential to keep the dog hairs out of the bed).

Don't get a lab if you value your carpets. Our hall carpet has no corners left and I had to take up the gripper rod for safety reasons.

Don't get a lab unless you absolutely WON'T give in with the traiing.

Don't get a lab if you have no sense of humour.

Then suddenly you find you have turned around and there is a beautiful young bright and game for anything adult dog looking up at you in that special way they seem to have! Just put her in kennels for the weekend and I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms already.

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I love your reply David :)