results

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by lynnelogan, Jul 26, 2013.

1. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

jasper is home, :)
    he is resting at the moment,......a little drowsy,...he as had 4 x rays taken, his shoulders are fine, .....its is Osteochondritis dissecans in his elbow/cartilage its in his right elbow,also the left is showing some signs ....... she is sending jasper to manchester for an operation, :( should ring me next week with an appointment date.... she as given him medicine , metacam to be taken daily,
    he can have 15 mins lead walks 3 times a day, :) no off lead, :( he is allowed to have a swim, so we are going to find a nice quiet pool :)if i would have shrugged this off as just a limp and waited until he was older, he would of had big problems, as this as been found why he is still young the results will be much better :)
    my son as gone off for his w/end away :)
    i have surprised myself how calm i have been :)
    thank you all for your well wishes :)
    oh i have even got him to lie on a blanket

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Re: results

Sorry to hear that Jasper needs more treatment, but very happy to hear that you've caught it early and so the results might be better for that - well done you.

Hoping he is soon on the mend from his experience today. Charlie sends him a slobber...

3. lynnelogan

thank you, i feel more at ease now i know that he will be ok :)

4. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

I am glad you are feeling better now you know what needs to be done.

5. lynnelogan

yeah my poor baby will be fine :)

6. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Lynne, glad your boy is home and at last you know the issue which can be dealt with. Excellent instincts Lynne, good for you. Hattie and Charlie send lots of love and licks. Love Helen xx

7. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Oh Lynne, you are being so brave, Jasper is such a very lucky boy to have such a brilliant Mummy . I`m sorry to hear about the pending operation, but the sooner the better really , bless you both xx

8. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Lynne you have dealt with this marvelously, you picked this up straight away on your first dog.Jasper is in great hands both at home and with the vet......this will be solved successfully thanks to early intervention.take good care this weekend while Mark is away,and keep posting so we know how you are doing x

9. lynnelogan

jasper says thank you, he feeling a bit sorry for him self ;)
    [​IMG]

10. Dexter

Lovely ,handsome boy,you will feel better soon ,snuggle up on your blanket and have a nice snooze x

11. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Oh look at his dear face , bless that boy x

12. lynnelogan

angela he got new toys today a caterpiller pop up play through , new ball , new rope and loads of goodies, spoil him tomorrow :)
    awh he had tears in his eyes on the way home in the car

13. Dexter

You spoil him and enjoy him,he will love his caterpillar.....lots of munching on something soft to cheer him up,and all those toys will keep him cheerful if he is staying home a bit more.have you got an idea where he can have a little swim?x

14. David

David Registered Users

Hi Lynne. Poor you and poor Jasper - he's such a good looking dog. The up side is that I understand the outcome can be very good after the op especially as you've got on the case early. It's really awful when your dog has a problem like that and the worry about it is just like it would be for I child I think.

Do let us know when he's having his op. He'll probably be on lead walks for ages afterwards but it's going to be worth it. Good luck with the cone of shame. :eek:

15. lynnelogan

when my son is home next week, we will drive out to find some where quiet for a swim,....we think he is good looking ;)
    david i have been trying to think who dog it is that as the same problem ???
    not sure when the op will be, she said she will be making the phone call on tuesday to manchester,she said they may want to do a c/t scan but in her opinion she suggest the x rays show enough to go ahead with the op, :) its just awaiting game :)

16. Dexter

Lynne I'm from Liverpool ..I'm there from next Monday too...if they send Jasper there,let me know which vet it is he has an appointment with x

17. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Oh lovely jasper! I'm glad you caught his problem early and the outlook is good.

Big hugs from us x

18. lynnelogan

thank you barbara :*
    angela when i went last week the vet we saw said they would send him to liverpool university today this vet said she would be ringing paul at swinton near manchester, so it look like it will be manchester, :) what part of liverpool you from ?

19. Dexter

South end , grassendsle,not far from the airport....mum has got 2 great vets that side of town ,but I guess the university site is the place with the facilities .....you are in a good position to o to either place x

20. lynnelogan

my vet is lovely, think it will be manchester :) i have just put a post on the thread the one insurance, we are covered for 3000 pounds of vet treatment for one illness/injury, she said it will be over the 3000 pound mark for his treatment.......i feel awful we have only paid 100 pound in insurance and stabbing them for 3 grand, oh dear.....dont think they will let us upgrade it now :).....awh my little man seems to be picking up :)