River walk

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by JulieT, Jul 27, 2013.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Pup having a grand old time – not swimming.

So the place is Respryn Bridge, river Fowey – which I think is a way down from Sam and Millie’s swimming spot.

We went to do a walk called the Respryn ramble, one mile long, billed as a level, easy 30 to 40 minutes – perfect for Charlie, I thought. I know, at 5 months he should only be having 25 mins, but we’re on holiday! Anyways, he bounces off the walls all day if he only gets 25mins.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/wra-1356322822892/view-page/item598941/

I was looking forward to seeing the woodland at the end of this walk but we never got to it, because we stopped at a place with a sign “dog bathing place”. And it was perfect. A walk wasn't needed after this:

He went nuts – running round and round in excitement, taking huge leaps from the bank to the small sandy river beach.
    [​IMG]
    FR1excited to be here by JulieTandCharlie, on Flickr

OH went for a paddle, and Charlie got his knees wet… isn't it a lovely spot?
    [​IMG]
    FR2 come in it's lovely... by JulieTandCharlie, on Flickr

Charlie decided it was fun to fetch his ball from the water - so long as it wasn't too deep..
    [​IMG]
    FR3 happy to fetch his ball by JulieTandCharlie, on Flickr

Then, Bertie came along, and showed Charlie how to get his tummy wet…
    [​IMG]
    FR4 bertie gets his tummy wet by JulieTandCharlie, on Flickr

Pro swimmers and big girls Bella and Tillie's arrival made Charlie try to look all cool...
    [​IMG]
    FR5 being cool with the big girls by JulieTandCharlie, on Flickr

Charlie was super keen when Bella and Tillie went swimming - he went as deep as he dared without having to swim, and stood whining because he was missing out on the action and fun.

Nevermind, always tomorrow. I reckon it's not long before he is in and swimming.

I’ve had a very quiet pup since we got back, who is still snoring soundly, on his back with his paws in the air.

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: River walk

Oh Julie,it's lovely to see him with his pals in the water,he will be doggie paddling before long for sure!im glad he's cautious,it frightened the life out of me when Dexter just ran and leapt,He went right under....my friend said I got to him in 2 steps .....I didn't have a proper hold of the long lead as I thought he would tip toe in,thank goodness,would still have the lead burns now 8) hope you are having a lovely time x

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

How lovely!
    What a brilliant start to your holiday.
    Your pictures are great ;D

Jac

4. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Lovely photos of dogs having a wonderful time. :D I think you are right it won't be long before he will be right in there swimming like a pro. ;)

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

What wonderful photos Julie , we go to Respryn sometimes and yes, its just down river from our stomping ground at Golitha Falls :)
    Sam was cautious personified , until he suddenly realised what great fun swimming is, no stopping him now . Charlie looks to be having a blast with all his pals , just lovely :)

6. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Lovely photos as always Julie, hope you're having a great holiday :D

7. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

lovely photos, have a good time :)

8. Fwhitt246

Fwhitt246 Registered Users

Such lovely photos! Can't wait for Murphy to be fully vaccinated so we can take him on lovely outings like this! Just need to find some doggy friends! :)

9. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Brilliant photos, you can just see what a wonderful time he is having! :)

10. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Looks like a little bit of doggie heaven to me!! Charlie looks like he's having a great time... It's so nice to know you've given them a great old romp, isn't it!! :D

11. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Great pics :) Wonderful to see him having such fun in the water (even if he's not quite swimming just yet).