Run Free Dexter!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Dexter, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

2. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

Re: Run Free Dexter!

oh that would be brilliant for dexter, fingers crossed :)

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Wow that would be great, do you think it will happen Angela? Helen x

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

What a difference it would make, for all of you, fingers crossed x

5. NNorris13

NNorris13 Registered Users

That's strict isn't it?! Hopefully it gets the go ahead :D

6. Dexter

Paige,you don't know the half of it.........it took my Husband 10 years to break me to agree to getting a dog mainly because of the lack of facilities......I have to be very imaginative and it's been really challenging through the Summer.
    I don't know Helen......I can only be positive and hope...it would make such a difference..I'd love a stretch of beach more than a park.If its not in the interest of the economy and tourism,progress can be very slow here :(

7. NNorris13

I can imagine you've come up with all sorts of activities. I read in a previous post you have family in Liverpool, that's where I live. It's lashing down at the minute so I know where I'd rather be!

8. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Good luck with this Angela, I know how challenging things are for you with Dexter out there. Fingers crossed! :)

9. Dexter

Thanks Karen!
    Paige We left on Tuesday and it was lashing down,but that was the last day of a pretty good fortnight .We rent an apartment down at Albert Dock and my parents live by Aigburth Cricket club.Ive been gone 20 years in all,17 in Dubai.Where about are you?
    Isn't that funny we are both from the same neck of the woods and have called our similar dogs the same names

10. NNorris13

Wow! That's a long time in Dubai! You must have seen it up and coming! My younger sister has live away from home since she flew the best but I'm a home bird ::)

Oo that sounds lovely! the Albert Dock is gorgeous but I've got to admit its a place I forget to visit.

I live near Litherland :) I was thinking the same about the Liverpool connection and the dog names.

What made you choose Dexter? We decided after Dexter's Laboratory from when we were younger. We got asked last night if it was after someone whose on Big Brother :eek:

11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Wow! 17 years Angela?
    Thats a long time! And 10 years waiting for Dex to come along.
    You have staying power 8)

12. Dexter

Ha ha Jacqui........yes Chris had every conceivable souvenir celebrating Yellow Labs in either his Birthday box or Christmas stocking except the real thing...for 10 years!I even bought him one of those pretend breathing puppies one year......that backfired on me dreadfully and the story is still a legend in our circle ......one in which I do NOT come out well!
    Ah you aren't far from some lovely coastal walks Paige,you can get your Dexter down to the beach for sure.Er,we picked the name because we liked it after watching the serial killer series......it was a choice between Dexter or Jasper and he just looked more of a Dexter....but in a cute way not a serial killer way ;D!

13. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I really hope you get a dog park!!! The ones here in Canberra have two separate areas - one for big dogs and one for small dogs and puppies. That's a feature I'd recommend in a dog park :) Also double gates at the entrance (like an 'air lock') to minimise escapes.

14. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=2272.msg21161#msg21161 date=1376598152]
    I even bought him one of those pretend breathing puppies one year

Er,we picked the name because we liked it after watching the serial killer series......it was a choice between Dexter or Jasper and he just looked more of a Dexter....but in a cute way not a serial killer way ;D!
    [/quote]

I think you may need to expand on these.
    "Pretend breathing puppies"? Serial killer called Dexter?

Hmmm :-\

15. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

LOL. Come on - 'fess up about the Pretend Breathing Puppy.

16. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Yup, come on. Sounds a bit suspect.... ;D

17. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Here's hoping you get your dog park AND beach!!! I think it's hilarious you named your dog after a serial killer.....!!!!!

18. Dexter

Ok.....here goes.....please don't think less of me at the end of this Christmas tale ;D

I'd been back to the UK and was in one of the shopping centers with one of Chris's Sisters and there was a stall selling furry puppies (every breed you could imagine)they are curled up in a basket and have batteries in so their tummies rise and fall as if they are in a deep sleep.I bought the yellow lab one and said I would put it in Chris's xmas presents in lieu of the real one that he asked for EVERY year !

On Christmas Morning he'd opened all his gifts,except the puppy ,which I had secretly stashed downstairs....
    I went downstairs to make a cuppa for us and acted out a whole scenario to simulate a puppy delivery :eek: ( ...( Er ,yes I know,like that would ever happen but we had had a late night and had hangovers so in the circs this was more than faintly believable)I rang the door bell,had a two way pretend conversation ( whilst trying not to be distracted by Chris bellowing down the stairs....'who the bloody hell's that at this time on a Christmas Morning?') and then went upstairs cradling the 'breathing' puppy.When I went in the bedroom,Chris's eyes lit up with a delight I have never seen and said Oh My God,is he for me?You got him,you got him! I nearly started crying he was so ecstatic.I then had to shatter the dream and tell him it was a joke :eek:........yeah right Angela,dead funny!Chris is such a superstar,he just laughed it off and said he knew it was a joke really,but for those couple of seconds until he computed his joy made me want to cry and I vowed that as soon as circumstances were more conducive we would get him a little golden boy!
    The telling of this by someone at some point on Christmas Day has now become as much a part of Christmas as the turkey!Im mean :p

19. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Argghhhh....that's so sad! At least he has Dexter now!

20. NNorris13

Ha ha, that story is brilliant! Ten years is a long time to wait. I think me and Karl waited about 3 and a half. Originally we wanted a chocolate Lab and to call him Hershey ;D