Runny poos what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Loopyloo30, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Loopyloo30

Loopyloo30 Registered Users

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is TMI but Bob has done a few runny poos today... what could have caused this and what do I do about it? They are seriously pongy as well :eek: I did give him some little liver cake treats earlier today (high value rewards for going potty in the right place - not many, probably about 10 max) maybe too rich?

Thank you for your help.

Lou x

2. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Re: Runny poos what does it mean?

Sounds like the treats might be responsible. I still only give my pup pieces of her kibble as treats and she is 6 months old. I would be quite careful with a young pup. 10 treats sounds a lot too. I would not give treats tomorrow at all and thereafter go very cautiously starting with just a couple in a day. Why not just reward with your pup's kibble?

3. Loopyloo30

[quote author=Jane Martin link=topic=8309.msg117343#msg117343 date=1413490369]
    Sounds like the treats might be responsible. I still only give my pup pieces of her kibble as treats and she is 6 months old. I would be quite careful with a young pup. 10 treats sounds a lot too. I would not give treats tomorrow at all and thereafter go very cautiously starting with just a couple in a day. Why not just reward with your pup's kibble?
    [/quote]

Good idea Jane, yes tomorrow we'll just use kibble. I was in touch with the breeder today and we are upping meals to 3 a day instead of 2, but with smaller portions. So there will be plenty left of the daily 'allocation' for treats. I will stick with kibble from now on I think. It is NOT fun or easy to pick up a runny poo! I just hope this doesn't mean he goes more frequently tonight!

Lou x

4. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

It's all new stuff to learn about. I know about picking up runny poos; had to resort to a shovel. Have a good night :)

5. Loopyloo30

[quote author=Jane Martin link=topic=8309.msg117348#msg117348 date=1413491211]
    It's all new stuff to learn about. I know about picking up runny poos; had to resort to a shovel. Have a good night :)
    [/quote]

Thank you, I'm not looking forward to it much! :eek: This is one of the reasons we cordoned off the patio at the bottom of the garden. It's a bit of a hassle getting down there in the middle of the night but totally worth it because it can just be hosed down. I'm hoping it will rain tonight.. if not I'll give it a blast tomorrow.

Lou x

6. Petrina

Petrina Registered Users

Runny poo ah! I've found usually due to over feeding, I use kibble from allowance for treats and chicken at puppy classx