Safe chews for 4 month puppy

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Katrina Johnston, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Katrina Johnston

Katrina Johnston Registered Users

Hello again,

Can anyone suggest any good chews for Rufus (17 weeks) Our vet said to avoid 'denta sticks' and raw hide chews. I bought a nylabone for puppies which he loved for a day or two when it still smelled of chicken (yuk!) and a milky puppy chew, but he lost interest. I'm looking for something else. He gets a filled/frozen kong daily.

We stay in the UK.

Thanks,

Trina

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Registered Users

Hello, my local pet shop recommended a Yakker which my pup loved when she was that age, but they're expensive.
    I've since bought something similar, but cheaper, on Amazon called an Everest dog chew.
    Tansy gets through them too quickly now she's got adult teeth but they definitely helped her teething

Katrina Johnston likes this.
  3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Rice bones were Harley's favourite when she was a pup. We brought them in Pets at Home and they lasted her ages - nowadays they last only a few minutes.

4. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Hi - another vote for rice bones when Bailey was small they lasted ages - don't really buy them much anymore as they are gone in seconds now! Bailey also has Yakkers bar but we limit that to half an hour at a time otherwise he will keep going at it all evening (when this bar gets smaller we pop it in the microwave for a couple of seconds and it puffs up again).