Said goodbye to my boy on Sunday, but feeling guilt and grief

Discussion in 'Senior Labradors' started by lou D, May 19, 2021.

1. lou D

lou D Registered Users

We had to say goodbye to our beloved chocolate boy on Sunday morning. He was 14 and 8 months. He'd been slowing down this year & was on metacam & yumove. But he still loved his treats & always got excited about his walks. But on Saturday night his back legs just collapsed. Was horrible to see. Took him to emergency vet on Sunday & she said there was just no muscle mass there. I am beyond broken at having to make such a quick decision. There's a horrible feeling if guilt as I took him out for a walk on Sat lunch time & we got caught in the rain. The vet said that had nothing to do with it but I have beaten myself up about that. I am trying to take comfort from the fact he was happy til the last 24 hours, but right now I just can't stop crying.

2. Joy

Joy Registered Users

I'm so sorry. It's heart-breaking when we have to say a final goodbye to our dogs. Try to take comfort from the life your dog had with you and that such a quick passing was easier than a long illness. Nothing can stop you missing him but in time you will be able to look back at all the happy times you had together.

3. UmberPasc

UmberPasc Registered Users

He was so lucky to have you in his life. I’m sure you were there for him.

4. Deboragh

Deboragh Registered Users

5. Deboragh

Deboragh Registered Users

So very sorry for your loss. It sounds as though you did everything you could to give him a long and happy life. Thinking of you xx

6. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

So sorry you have lost your lovely boy, quite quickly.
    It sounds like he was a much loved boy who had a very good life. I am sure he's left a big gap.xx