Scared to try raw feeding. Please enlighten me!

Discussion in 'Raw Feeding' started by jeandecker76, Aug 12, 2020.

1. jeandecker76

jeandecker76 Registered Users

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum!

I've been contemplating whether to try raw feeding or stay with cooked meats... I know it has a lot of benefits and some cons too. Can you guys enlighten me? I would really appreciate it!! Thank you so much!

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Jean,

Welcome to the forum!

I've afraid I don't have any direct experience with raw feeding (I've ruled it out until my young daughter is a bit older, on hygiene grounds.)

But Pippa has written about her experiences here on our main site. I hope you find it interesting!

jeandecker76 likes this.
  3. J.D

J.D Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I switched to raw from kibble last October. Not a single upset stomach since and he seems very happy on it. I use Nutriment complete meals for convenience. You can speak to most suppliers direct and their websites usually guide you through quantities and how to switch. There are also Facebook groups with lots of useful information.
    The only downside so far has been going on holiday. You either need to take frozen food with you on a short journey or find a supplier near where you are going.
    As long as it is stored properly and handled in the same way you would handle any raw meat there are no issues.

jeandecker76 likes this.
  4. jeandecker76

jeandecker76 Registered Users

This is a great article!!!! I'll be researching some more and update you guys if I'm ready to start raw feeding... Thank you so much!

5. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Just shout if you have any questions :)

jeandecker76 likes this.