1. WELCOME

To join the conversation, please register. It only takes a minute!

seat belt harness

Discussion in 'Products and supplies for puppies' started by labl0ver, Dec 17, 2018.

1. labl0ver

labl0ver Registered Users

hi Cooper is nearly 5 months old now and we are looking for a means of harnessing him into the car seat belt rather than purchase a box, which would take up a lot of valuable space when we holiday.
    Any recommendations here in the UK product wise ?
    I understand its the law now for the dog to be anchored.

2. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

I believe that the Highway Code states that dogs should be restrained, but this doesn't have to be a seat belt necessarily. So for example a crate or dog guard would do equally well.

Although a quick Google hasn't brought up anything further, I wouldn't swear to this, but i'm pretty confident :)

Of course, there is no harm in using a belt if that's your preference. We've got an article on seat belts and car harnesses for dogs though on the main site, you can find it here!

3. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Even if it were not a law, one would want to restrain a dog in the car to a single spot. If one has to brake hard, an unrestrained dog will keep moving forward through the car. Dogs, in common with humans, did not evolve to be moving objects in cars.