September Challenge - four feet in a box

Discussion in 'Forum Challenges' started by snowbunny, Sep 1, 2017.

1. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Great box Holly!
    Well done :D

2. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Wonderful Beanwood trio! And well done too to Holly -Molly wouldn’t have done that; she doesn’t like tunnels.

3. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

I've got a big enough box, must give this a try :D

4. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog Forum Supporter

You win all the prizes. :rofl:

And as I mentioned on FB, I'm ready to do a pick up of my Labrador order that you've so nicely packaged up for me. You don't even need to take them down to the post! :D

Rosie and snowbunny like this.
  5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I did just have a really good chuckle at the thought of Benson as a service dog :rofl:

Emily_BabbelHund likes this.
  6. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Well I actually told a little "fib" today. Dog care was a bit chaotic today, plan B, and then plan C both fell apart so I ended up taking Bramble to work. Only work today was in an all day meeting in a holiday Inn which only allows service dogs...so erm...Bramble became a service dog today! :D:D

BevE, selina27 and Rosie like this.
  7. UncleBob

UncleBob Supporting Member Forum Supporter

OK, this has taken a while ...

Some observations:
    1. It took us ages to find a box that was big enough for an adult lab to fit into (I can already hear Rosie saying "We're gonna need a bigger box!"). We eventually acquired one from the friendly people at the local garden centre.
    2. Ever since he was a pup we have encouraged Harv to 'play' with cardboard boxes - 'play' being a euphemism for tearing to shreds in the shortest amount of time possible! This particular challenge was therefore going to take quite a bit of effort and self-restraint from Hurricane Harv :)
    3. I've cut the video down by about 50%. At times Harv clearly found it quite frustrating not being able to figure out exactly what it was that I wanted so we took a short break periodically to let him gather his thoughts :)
    4. I haven't included anything about putting the behaviour 'on cue' but to be honest the tough part was getting the behaviour in the first place - adding the cue took a couple of minutes in a couple of sessions afterwards.
    5. Thanks to Mrs UB for taking the video.
    6. I've made a post about editing videos, just in case it might help others beginners like me. It's here: https://thelabradorforum.com/threads/creating-edited-videos-for-posting-on-the-forum.21719/

selina27 likes this.
  8. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Well done to all concerned - dog training and filming :) What a wonderful start to the weekend, a video of the Hurricane Boy himself, he did so well, he is not just a handsome face! Really great to see just what that took to achieve.

9. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Registered Users

slightly late but have only just discovered how to post pictures - this is Tamber with 4 feet(only just) in a bowl
    IMG_8136.JPG

Attached Files:

UncleBob, Joy, selina27 and 1 other person like this.
  10. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Registered Users

and this is Jaffa's version - in the bag
    IMG_8125.JPG

Joy and selina27 like this.