Sheer Exhaustion

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by lorilou61, May 23, 2014.

1. lorilou61

lorilou61 Registered Users

At the moment, Edsel is sleeping peacefully by my feet, but it's the first time he's stopped in 3 1/2 hours! He has been absolutely mad the last 2 evenings! Tonight he destroyed another hosta, stole my beer and drank what spilled :mad: (and I really needed all of it tonight!), ate yet another nasturtium, puked up moss, deflated a football, had 4 time outs in the bathroom for obnoxious barking, gave a butterfly net a thrashing and ran full speed to my in laws where he stole a bone from the driveway and came back like a dog possessed! :eek: I can only imagine what tomorrow evening will bring when we babysit my 17 week old Golden Retriever grandpup. :p Thank heaven the OH will be here by dinner tomorrow for the long weekend! :) :) :)

[​IMG]Untitled by loriluckett, on Flickr

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Sheer Exhaustion

LOLOLOL ;D Oh Edsel, stop terrorising your Mummy.

One day he will be sensible and you will laugh yourself silly about all that craziness. ;D

3. AnnetteB

AnnetteB Registered Users

Lol. It does get better. Then worse then better etc.
    Hehe we are at almost 6months and a still a few things we would love to get over lol.

4. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Oh dear poor you!!

Edsel, settle down, give your mum a break!!

Hopefully the two pooches will wear each other out without too much collateral damage.....

5. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

it is true what rachael says, they do get better, it takes time, :)
    first 12 month are the worse, :)

6. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

I'd be filming his antics, especially today with the other puppy coming; they will be a scream. And of course show us the film :)

7. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Little monkey , all par for the course I`m afraid, but as the others have said, it does get easier, honestly it does :)

8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Awwww - he's being a puppy :)

I quite miss the crazy crocodile evenings - hehe!

We looked after my niece's Springer pup, who was 15 weeks, when Tatze was 10 weeks for five days. My niece was giving birth to her twins.

Yes - she has twins and a pup (Twins are 11 months and Bryn 12 months now - all have survived!! :)))

9. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Uh oh, you've certainly got your hands full ;) I'm sure Edsel will calm down when he gets a bit older :)

10. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Crazy puppy ;D ;D ;D

11. lorilou61

lorilou61 Registered Users

[quote author=Jane Martin link=topic=6166.msg80619#msg80619 date=1400826631]
    I'd be filming his antics, especially today with the other puppy coming; they will be a scream. And of course show us the film :)

Unfortunately I fear the quality of the film would suffer with all the chasing, grabbing, dodging and snatching that takes place during these episodes! :)

12. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I always thought the evenings of puppy owning where the worst! Just when we want to sit down, they get going! However, I seem to remember it gets better by the time they are 6 months old :)

13. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Had to laugh ;D

6 months might be optimistic ;)

Pour another beer

14. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Yep, we finally have quiet evenings with only minimal cushion humping at 2 years.

15. AnnetteB

AnnetteB Registered Users

Jacqui I'm so glad you said that. We are almost 6 month and yes some things have gotten better but others have come up. At 6months they are sooo much heavier and have a much bigger sense of independence. I'm finding the jumping up much more of a problem now. She didn't do it a lot when little or maybe I just didn't notice it as much when she was smaller. And the biting is still there. She is much gentler but still does it all the time. The kids seem to get the brunt of it but we are working on that. The crazy running through the house can be a problem too. Slippery floors, lots and kids and CAT to chase. So much fun!

16. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Tatze is twelve months old and we are only just getting on top of the jumping up. In the house she is fine. Outside I still have to put her on the lead every time we see a child or she'd knock them over in her bouncing enthusiasm.

:)

One day we'll have a sedate lady and miss the bouncy pup!

17. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=Boogie link=topic=6166.msg81040#msg81040 date=1400917066]
    One day we'll have a sedate lady and miss the bouncy pup!
    [/quote]
    4 years and counting.
    seriously though.....I noticed a calming down around 18mths to 2 years.
    Time flies though....so don't get disheartened.
    you seem to fix one thing then another crops up. It keeps you on your toes.
    Just like children :)

18. NNorris13

NNorris13 Registered Users

I know exactly how you're feeling!

The first day I was left alone with Dexter I broke down in tears. I phoned my fiancé crying. I look back on those days now and can't believe they happened! Or that I got so stressed.

Dexter is one on 3rd June and honestly and although it doesn't feel like it now, it does get better. I kept reading that on here and was like YEAH RIGHT!

Keep going! I say as hard as it is, embrace these times. I miss carrying Dexter round in my arms when I'd go to the shops.

I'm working on planting the seed for a second dog. Failing at the minute!

19. karen reid

karen reid Registered Users

I think one "problem" will always be replaced by another one, no matter what age they are, however we wouldn't change them for the world xxxx

20. sussex

sussex Registered Users

how much exercise are you giving your dog my lab is 11 months now but i have had a lot of similar problems as you have now i have almost stopped milly jumping up if she runs up to someone out on a walk i call her and walk away and indoors she will put her front feet on our lap but i have ignored her and turned my head away from her so she only gets attention when she has all feet on the ground definitly things have improved now as she has long walks in the woods she charges around then natrully slows down when she wants