Siblings and half siblings

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Karen, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hi all, just back from a short visit to the UK to see family and friends. It was LOVELY to be back!

We also visited Poppy's litter sister, a beautiful little black lady. Funny how they can be so alike, and yet have such distinct characters. They share many of the same mannerisms, and are both lovely well-behaved young girls - but can you imagine that Poppy's sister isnt particularly keen on retrieving??? My Pops is such a dummy junkie, I am astounded, thought all her family would be like that! 8)

We also visited a beautiful black bitch, in pup to Poppy's sire, puppies due to be born any day now and ready to go to their new homes middle of August... Hmmmmmmmm... ;)

2. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

Re: Siblings and half siblings

welcome back, hope you had a great time :)

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Go on Karen, you know you want to ;D ;D ;D

Glad you enjoyed your trip , no place like home though , wherever it may be :)

4. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

ooohhhhh how tempting!!!!!

5. Lochan

Lochan Supporting Member Forum Supporter

As you might know, my sister and I have Tarkie and Brodick who are full brother and sister from different litters. It is amazing how alike they are, from the skinny physique, pointy noses, the serious wildlife chasing habit, to the endearing habits and even the noises they make (snuffly little noises when asleep, etc etc). When Brods stayed here on his hols a couple of weeks ago I would mistake him for Tarkie in the garden until I saw the collars! As for having another pup - well you know you want to. It's just a matter of time really isn't it....and two together is great fun (or double trouble depending how you view it).....

6. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Karen, welcome back and glad you had a lovely time in the UK.

Ahh a puppy sounds great and maybe too much of a coincidence that you went for that visit ;) Helen xx

7. debsie

debsie Registered Users

oohhhhh. you DO know you want to....double the fun...two waggy tails when u get home...wild games in the house...sleepy games of facey bite bite together on ur bed in the morning...cuddling each other in theiir basket...and not forgetting egging each other on onto naughtiness, finding them with ur underwear being used for an exciting game of Tuggy, and the joy of a Rabbit Chase together....

8. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

We were discussing if puppies look like each other. I think I have spotted Amy's brother for sale on a web site. Same age as her and same town we live in. He looks so much like her!

9. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

You'd have a whole 8 weeks to prepare for the puppy's arrival - ages, really ;)

10. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I think you are being ganged-up on Karen LOL ;D

Jac

11. Oberon

Yeah, no pressure here at all....!

12. Karen

Karen Registered Users

[quote author=Lochan link=topic=1676.msg12313#msg12313 date=1370881667]
    As for having another pup - well you know you want to. It's just a matter of time really isn't it....
    [/quote]

I'm afraid you are right - it's just a matter of time! This August isn't actually the perfect time for us, but if the perfect pup came up, we might not be able to resist... ;)

13. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Exciiiiiiiting!

14. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

;D ;D ;D

15. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I've said no to the puppy this time, although there was a lovely yellow bitch puppy offered to us from the litter. :( Hip operation this summer for me, and my dad is really sick, so I have other priorities at the moment.

Next year though... ;)

16. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sensible decision Karen , sorry to hear about your Dad and your pending hip operation too . Its hard to find the right time isnt it ? My husband was at hospital in Plymouth yesterday for the MRI requested by the neuro surgeon, so my yearnings have been put on the back burner too , hope all goes well for you and yours x

17. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hope your husband's MRI goes well, Kate.

I dont think there's EVER a perfect time to get a puppy. But there are times that are really, really not great. So I'm just going to concentrate on the lovely little dog that I have, for now. I'm sure you'll do the same with gorgeous Sam, Kate.

But I have two goals after my hip replacement - one is to do the Annapurna Base Camp trek in Nepal, and the other is to get a second dog. They say you should visualize your goals to help recovery. 8) 8) 8)

18. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Shame as we all love a new puppy. I sometimes feel like I have more than one dog anyway with everyones lovely stories and updates on their progress :)

Completely sensible though, there will be another little bundle waiting for you once you're skipping around on your new hip.

All the best to you and Kate with your family health challenges x

19. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Gosh,it was poorly pooches last week,sounds like its the humans turn this week :(

Hope the scan results are ok Kate.....

Sorry your Dad is poorly Karen,we have these worries now,living abroad with aging( although still thankfully ok) parents in the Uk .......you'll be bionic once you've fettled that new hip ;) and then you will welcome the puppy you were meant to have x

20. Oberon

Sorry to hear about unwell husbands and fathers. :( I hope that recovery is just around the corner.

Sounds like a sensible decision about the puppy (though I'm sure not an easy one). I'm sure you'll be glad in the end that you waited.

Artificial hips these days are amazing. Much better than the flawed biological version. :)