Sitting

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Harley Quinn, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn Registered Users

Harley's sit is a like a mullet - business is the front and party at the back:facepalm:. I can't believe that is what I am comparing something too but it is the most appropriate. Her top end is beautiful - attentive and so attractive when she sits, and the bottom bit is skew, leaning, one leg out the side a bit sometimes, just like a slouch.

All we are hoping for one day is to do the Canine Good Citizen test, lowest level is fine but will her sitting like this be a problem?

2. Joy

Joy Registered Users

It wouldn't be a problem in the UK test, but I know each country has slightly different rules.

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Sorry, I know nothing about the tests, but I feel your pain... and this is actually quite neat for Squidge!

DSC_0858.JPG

4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Mollie is the sloppiest sitter I have ever known!

IMG_3298.JPG

5. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Love it Mollie :chuckle:

6. akc

akc Registered Users

As you can see from my avatar, George is a lazy sitter, too. Loves to lean against things whenever possible.

Not positive but from everything I know about the tests here in Canada, it seems like they are more focused on the dog's overall temperament / calm and polite behavior - I don't see how sitting properly would factor in. I'm sure you could contact someone at your local Kennel Club (or whoever administers them where you are) to ask!

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

With a sit, like everything else, you get what you pay for. Both Betsy and Charlie have the sloppiest relaxed sits EVER (although @Boogie Molly looks like she would give even Betsy a run for her money).

Both of my 'training' sits have been trained on place boards and I pay out for a proper sit, and nothing but - if you reinforce that sloppy sit, that's what you'll get. Outside training, they can (and do) sit however they like.

Aww.....look at her....:D

[​IMG]8 weeks 2 days by julieandcharlie julieandcharlie, on Flickr

8. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn Registered Users

This is EXACTLY what Harley sits like!
    lol! This is next level!
    She is the cutest thing ever! So good. Thanks Julie, I will work on improving it if needed.