sleeping on a bed

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by lynnelogan, Jul 17, 2013.

1. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

jasper has had numerous beds , every one he has burst, :( after the last one being bust the day after i bought it, ??? i have not bought him a new one, he tends to lie on the floor sometimes the settee, i worry this is not comfortable enough for him.....has any one else had this problem with beds?.....my son always intended him to sleep with him :) however jasper is not interested in going upstairs let alone sleeping in marks bed....i am happy with that due to dog hairs :) he as bust 8/10 cushions on my settee over time , only when i go out or bed time......i now move them before i go out or to bed :).......any advice please ?

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Re: sleeping on a bed

Hi Lynne, I gave up buy Charlie beds as he destroyed countless. Hattie & Charlie now have plastic beds with a fleece liner in them, no destroying those and they are pretty cheap too. You can also line them with cheap duvets inside cheap covers which can easily be washed and eventually when needed replaced. Hope this helps. Helen x :D

3. lynnelogan

thank you helen.....i am sure he would burst duvets....its as if he just wants to beat the stuffing out of them.....do you think he is comfy enough :) it just don't seem right a dog sleeping rough :)....just took this photo
    [​IMG]

4. Maggie68

Maggie68 Registered Users

Ive decided to get Otis a nice wicker one , once he gets passed the chewing stage. But, in this hot weather Otis , likes to lie on my tiled fireplace ledge, looks so uncomfy, but I think he likes the coolness of the tiles. Im sure Jaspers okay though x

5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi Lynne, if you think Jasper would destroy a duvet you could put some old blankets or fleece blankets in the plastic bed, this will do just as well. In this hot weather Hattie & Charlie love to sleep on our stone floors. He wouldn't sleep on the floor if he was uncomfortable, don't worry Lynne he is just fine. Helen x :D

6. lynnelogan

he is 7 month tomorrow,......the only damage in the house are to his bed and my cushions, wish someone could tell me why :) apart from that and my garden i suppose i have been lucky :).......thank you helen, when i get up in the morning he is on the settee, i dont mind him sleeping on the settee :).........i will get him a plastic one try that :)

7. charlie

charlie Registered Users

If you don't mind him sleeping on the settee save your money on the bed, I would ;) Helen xx

8. lynnelogan

no i dont mind :).....just all the photos on the forum , they are all in there comfy beds......spent over 150 pounds on beds :(....... i dont know hwy he does it.....is there a reason ?

9. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I guess he just likes the settee better - higher, better vantage point for viewing household activities, more comfy, smells like his people, people sit there so 'obviously this is where I should sit too'...

Obi doesn't use his bed either and it takes up a lot of space in our bedroom. I'm thinking of just storing it somewhere. He just sleeps on our bed or the sofa normally.

Don't feel bad that he doesn't use his bed, Lynne :) I'm sure he's very happy and comfortable.

10. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah Lynne,they are funny little things arent they....I think Helen is right,save your money,Dexter has got his crate in his room and a beanbag bed in the lounge but he prefers the tiles or the rug depending how hot he is over his comfy(expensive) bed anytime....Im a mean Mummy....no sofas for Dexter.... :'(

11. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

I wouldn't worry about it, Lynne. My dogs have never been allowed on couches or beds, and so the floor is the only option. I do have carpet or tile/laminate....they slept on all those surfaces. As I said before, Simba does have a luxurious bed we bought him but it seems to be more of a lounging place. He settles down for the night in my son's room on an old sleeping bag. When he sleeps in our room it's just on the floor (carpeted), but once my oldest goes back to University in the fall I might get him another bed.

12. lynnelogan

thank you all for your kind words :)

13. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sam has a very large cushion which he loves . The innards are rather flat now so I spent ages cutting up an old duvet to fashion a new one and then doing the same with old duvet covers , the end result looks lovely but he wont go on it , just wants his somewhat moth eaten old one ::) Sam is also a sofa surfer but Millie wont go on the furniture , she has a little wicker basket lined with the duvet I made for Sam ::)

Lovely photo of Jasper Lynne x

14. lynnelogan

he lies in a different place all the 10 mins here 10 mins there only goes on the couch when we go to bed.....he dont sleep much in the day time,....he is frightened of missing any thing.....when i move he moves :)