Slippery floor

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Sven, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Hi,

what do people do with regards to slippery floors? We don't have any carpet (tiles and wood flooring). When she gets excited she will slip if she runs to fast, and her back hips will hit the floor. This has only happened a few times as we try not to get her to excited.
    We are thinking of getting some socks for her to see how that would work, but have this funny feeling they will last all of 1 second and the become a chew toy.

We minimise all jumping etc. to try and minimise any impact on her growing joints.

Just wanted to know what others do?

Thanks

2. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Well, I went out and bought rugs as I only have tile and wood floors myself. Not only has it helped with slipping but I also find it helps with not having to mop up puppy foot prints daily ;)

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I covered up my slippery floors. First with rubber backed doormats, then I accepted that slippery floors were too much of a risk, and covered them up - with rugs that I held out for a while as being 'temporary' then I took another step into acceptance and bought some very practical - and permanent - rugs from a company selling polypropylene floor covering that look convincingly like sisal and seagrass but can be taken outside and pressure washed.

[​IMG]flooring 2 by julieandcharlie julieandcharlie, on Flickr

My new puppy has sheets of non slip safety flooring in her pen, and rubber doormats to cover up the gaps on her way to covered flooring.

Edp likes this.
  4. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Thanks I thought that was the case. Just was trying to avoid it and see if the was anything else. Off to the shop we go, at least it will stop the scratching marks on the wood floor, but looks wise who knows (and cares)....

5. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Yes that was another reason. Axel was scratching our floors. So getting rugs solved a lot of issues. Was costly but very worth it in the long run

6. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

7. Schulte

Schulte Registered Users

We bought , sisal carpets from Ikea they are relative cheap and once the pup is older and destroyed them dont hurt to give them away