Small Black Dog Helps With the Decorating

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by David, Jan 6, 2013.

1. David

David Registered Users

I had to replace a small section of skirting board this morning in preparation for the decorators arriving on Tuesday. Now that she's grown up and all ( :eek: ) I figured I could remove the vandal proof box I'd had to put around the hall telephone connection and repair the gap in the skirting board where the box had been. Hmmmm! Small black dog put in an appearance to "help".

First thing was she pinched my screwdriver and went off prancing around the house with it. Duly recovered after a play chase.

Then she jumped on my back as I was measuring up the gap in the skirting board and thrust her favorite toy sheep in my face,screwed around and dumped herself on my lap with her legs in the air and generally nearly took my eye out with a back leg. She's a happy soul you know.

Came with me into the garage to watch me cut the piece of skiting board to length and dicovered the remains of the Christmas packaging waiting to be re-cycled.

Then she discovered the minutest piece of pheasant on the garage floor that I'd missed and proceeded to roll in it.

Followed me back to the house but stopped off in the back room and discovered a boxed present that had not been put away and unwrapped it. Fortunately no damage done, but I'll get some stick when my wife spots it. :-\

Hid behind the sofa when I got the evil vacuum cleaner out which is definitely out to get her and at least hoovering the dust was trouble free.

Just waiting for some polyfillering to harden before I can put the skirting board in place.

All in all a 20 minute job took all morning ........

..... and I enjoyed every minute of it. ;D

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: Small Black Dog Helps With the Decorating

That's a delightful story David! Poppy is just busy 'helping' me dismantle the Christmas tree, so I can empathize! ;D

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh what fun you had David! Charlie rather likes to "help" me with the washing, as soon as I go to empty the machine he sits patiently waiting to pinch a sock or two, when retrieved he then waits to put his head in the machine and take the plastic washing ball and swiftly take off with it. He also helped David with our decorating, rubbed his wagging tail along his beautifully glossed banisters that had taken a very long time to do! oh dear!! ;D House work is another job that Hattie and Charlie enjoy, as soon as I have fluffed up the feather sofas (really heavy!!) they both jump on them and flatten them!!

So very helpful aren't they? ;D Helen x

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

How would you have managed without Lady`s help David :) :) That really made me smile reading your account of your little job , I can also empathise , Sam is incredibly helpful too :) :)

5. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

They are so helpful aren't they! Bless the small black dog :)

Riley particularly likes helping build flatpack furniture, especially if the drill is in use :eek: