So proud of Sam this morning

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Oct 25, 2012.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

We took Sam for his puppy booster this morning , the waiting room was full of the usual assortment, cats, a gerbil and three dogs but he wasnt bothered at all, just lay down for a nap, but then I had made sure he had a really good run prior :) Once in the surgery, he did his usual , sat in a corner looking slightly woefull, but was so good for the shots and the kennel cough nose squirt . Vet David remarked that Sam was extremely well behaved and laid back for his age and also how good it was to see a slim Lab with good muscles but not a lot of fat . Doesnt it make you feel proud of them when they behave well , I`m just wondering what he has up his sleeve to let the side down with later on today :)

2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Re: So proud of Sam this morning

How lovely, good boy Sam!

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Oh that's super, good boy Sam! How's he getting along without Flynn? Does he miss him, do you think?

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

he was dreadfully unhappy for about ten days Karen, it was heartbreaking to see Sam searching the garden for his friend . We have been devastated ourselves but seeing Sam so depressed has made it even worse . Sam used to signal the onset of a game by taking toys out into the garden so that Flynn would come and play with him , only last week Sam took every toy and ball out there and just sat , waiting .
    I`ve tried to remain normal , keeping his routine the same and slowly he started to lift out of it . I would say he is just about back to how he was now, thanks for asking Karen , its a tough time all round x

5. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Oh Karen my heart breaks for you all, tough times indeed. Sending you big hugs :)

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Oh Kate, how sad, poor Sam - and poor you. :'( I can really sympathise. When my old dog Billy died last year, Bones was depressed and morose for weeks. They had been together for almost 13 years, and never separated! Actually I was surprised that Bones started to lift out of his sadness after a couple of weeks - I was afraid it might last even longer. But I think one of the great things about dogs is that they live in the present, and dont continue to mourn the past or be afraid of loneliness or the future.

You of course will never forget Flynn. I've been thinking about you, and wondering how you've been getting on.

7. Moorlands

Moorlands Registered Users

Well done Sam.
    Maia was at vets this morning for her last cartrophen jab and was very surprised by a hissing snapping box (it had a bad tempered cat in it), she hastily sat down under my chair before belting off to hide on the other side of the reception desk, Becky (receptionist) plied her with biscuits and soon everything was fine again, normally she's so calm and friendly with everyone but a hissing box was obviously too much for her!
    I'm so pleased Sam's getting back to normal after Flynn. After three weeks my girls are just beginning to cotton to the fact that Finnegan isn't coming home this time, Hebe's a bit down. I was surprised at how quickly they bounced back after Juno died, it only took a few days - took me a lot longer.
    Hugs for you from us and biscuits for Sam.

8. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

Well done Sam!