So proud of small black dog!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by David, Dec 29, 2012.

1. David

David Registered Users

She seemed to forget about her limp on the shoot today. We (Lady and I) kicked off with a spot of beating and she has really got the hang of things now that she has realised that we are hunting out birds. She was very attentive with eyes on me for direction all the time andworking really hard.

Then we got called out to find a cock pheasant in a field of rape. It took her about 2 minutes flat to scent it and track it down.

Then we got called out to pick up behind the guns and as soon as the birds started coming over she was tracking them and retrieving pretty much rock solid.

She's zonked out now after a special turkey and ham plus kibbles supper.

Dead chuffed!

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Re: So proud of small black dog!

Lady really is a great girl, no wonder you are so proud of her and you have obviously worked extremely hard training her. Glad she forgot her limp and hope she enjoyed her supper!! Helen :D

3. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

She's clearly a credit to you and an asset on your shoot! :)

4. David

David Registered Users

Well she's just a pet really and full of faults but she seems able to do what comes naturally.

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Thats lovely David, bless that girl . Sam is also full of faults but I think thats what makes us love them so , they arent machines , they are our much loved pets who enjoy a spot of work :)
    The pleasure they bring to us cant be measured, wish we could bottle it though :)
    I took Sam to the woods this morning and he retrieved his dummy , he keeps looking up at me for the hand signals and when they find it, its just so brilliant , they pleasure is twofold, well done small black dog.

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Great stuff David, sounds like you two are becoming quite a team - well done!

7. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Well done David and Lady! :D

8. debsie

debsie Registered Users

Well done Lady and you! She's a clever girl (and you're obviously good at this Training Malarky!). My pitiful triumph over the xmas break has been to clicker train Cuillin to bring the dummy back to me (ish) than try to get brodick to play with her with it. Indoors, in the hall, with all the doors shut, nowhere else for her to go, and Brodick hidden behind me mind you, but its a start! She's very playful bless her....