Sockgate

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Nicmorris, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Nicmorris

Nicmorris Registered Users

Hi all,
    This morning whilst I was upstairs getting ready to take the kids to school Nellie decided to steal a sock from the washing basket which I had left in the utility room!
    My eldest daughter saw her take the sock (one of the girls long school socks) and she said she had it one minute and it was gone less than a minute later!
    Nellie was confined to the kitchen and living room and we have searched for this sock to no avail!
    Do you think she could of eaten the sock in less than a minute??
    She seems well enough in herself and at the moment is asleep in her crate.
    What signs should I be looking out for if she has eaten it?!! :-\

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Sockgate

Oh, these Labradors are such sock monsters.... If she has eaten it (possible) you might notice absolutely nothing at all. I wouldn't worry unless her behaviour changes - signs of a problem would be not wanting to eat, walking in a slightly hunched way as if the lower back is stiff, or not pooping for a lengthy period. But I really wouldn't worry at this point. Dogs can eat some seriously whacky objects with nil effect.....

3. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

La :)st night Molly pinched one of my fine lacy hold ups. I chased her around the upstairs for it, when I got it back there wasn't a mark on it. Hopefully the Labrador drool will help them stay up

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

[quote author=Mollly link=topic=8375.msg118457#msg118457 date=1413801348]
    La :)st night Molly pinched one of my fine lacy hold ups. I chased her around the upstairs for it, when I got it back there wasn't a mark on it. Hopefully the Labrador drool will help them stay up
    [/quote]

I think most of the men on the forum may have just fainted. Hopefully the thought of the Labrador drool might bring them back to their senses ;)

5. Nicmorris

Nicmorris Registered Users

Thanks, I will await any signs with baited breath!
    She has just scoffed her lunch in fine labrador style so ok on that front!

6. Steph

Steph Registered Users

What is it with them and socks. Mine actually pinched mine off my foot last night.

Hope Nellie has just hidden it somewhere nice and safe and hasn't actually scoffed it.

7. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=Nicmorris link=topic=8375.msg118466#msg118466 date=1413804189]
    Thanks, I will await any signs with baited breath!
    She has just scoffed her lunch in fine labrador style so ok on that front!
    [/quote]
    Fingers crossed it turns up somewhere at home ,blimey that are fast but that must be a record if she has eaten it! X

8. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=8375.msg118460#msg118460 date=1413801587]
    [quote author=Mollly link=topic=8375.msg118457#msg118457 date=1413801348]
    [/quote]

I think most of the men on the forum may have just fainted. Hopefully the thought of the Labrador drool might bring them back to their senses ;)
    [/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

9. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Definitely could have eaten it. Simba once ate half a rubber soccer ball while being chased by my daughter (to get it away from him), it vanished while he dove between the couch and chair. Have no idea how he could have ate it so fast, but he was in full on gobble panic mode....