Sorry ...poo eating!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Hugo's mum, May 18, 2016.

1. Hugo's mum

Hugo's mum Registered Users

I'm not sure whether to admit this or not but Hugo (18 weeks) will eat his own poo if not whipped away quick enough ! Anyone else experienced this as can't see any other threads.

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Luckily Ive never had this problem, but I do know a few people on here have. Hopefully they will come along soon and give you some advice

3. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

I've heard if you put a bit of fresh pineapple in their food then it makes them not want to eat their poo :) haven't had to try it thankfully o_O

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

5. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Poo acting is very common so you certainly aren't alone. Juno as very fond of rabbit, cow and horse pogo but luckily enough never her own or other dogs. I used a 'magic' word and 'leave' to overcome the problem and it does improve with age. If hour have a search for 'magic' hopefully a few recent threads will pop up concerning poo eating as I remember a few threads but not who started them.

6. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

OUr rescue girl started that after we'd had her a few years, which was rather strange. We diligently picked up every little bit before she had a chance to munch, for months, and she quit. We did try pineapple and something the Vet gave us, neither worked. Good luck. If you want a positive spin, it's worse when they eat other dogs' too, more of it around and harder to control.

7. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter