Southern California Show Breeders

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Topaz2018, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Topaz2018

Topaz2018 Registered Users

Hi everyone, I'm looking for recommendations for show breeders of yellow labs. I'm really wanting to get into showing and wanting to find a wonderful, ethical breeder closer to me (Im in Los Angeles). Thank you for any feedback.

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

3. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Hi and welcome! I've not looked for a dog from a breeder in California for a very long time, but what I found most helpful back then was going to dog shows. There are always a lot of them in the spring, at least in NorCal where I'm from. Also have your list of questions ready to help you determine if they meet your standards for ethical. I remember going through a lot of very scary breeders until I found one I was happy with.

Finally, I don't know if it's something you'd consider depending on your needs, but there are some really great breed-specific rescue groups in California and I'm sure there are several for Labradors. This is peak puppy time of year, so they may even have puppies available, if you are set on a puppy. You can also use petfinder.com to search by breed and location.

4. Chai Maya

Chai Maya Registered Users

We're in Sylmar, Ca., We adopted 2 beautiful puppies (sisters) from Hands, Paws & Hearts Rescue. I was dead set on a Labrador retriever, so I kept checking their website until one day I saw they were available for adoption.

Good luck.