Southern California

Discussion in 'Dog Friendly Places & Recommendations' started by Mandoo, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Mandoo

Mandoo Registered Users

When I travel away for the weekend, I research Hotels, Restaurants, Dog Parks, Dog Beaches and local events using a couple of Cell Phone Apps.

Locally, wherever you are; try using an App called Yelp. Type in 'Dog Friendly' to see what is offered near you or your intended destination. Using Yelp, you will usually get restaurants, dog parks and dog beaches. Also, try using an App called 'Bring Fido'. Just by the App name, you know its all about the canine. They have listings for Hotels, Restaurants, Dog Parks, Beaches, and Local events.

I've used both Apps to find Breweries that allows dogs. In San Diego, try Coronado Brewery, Mission Brewery and Stone Brewery in South Park. Plenty of Dog Beaches, too many to mention.

For Hotels, I usually stay at Best Western, but always check for Pet fees or what size dogs they allow.

Hope this helps some of you visiting Southern California.

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Re: Southern California

Breweries that allow dogs. Surely that's a little slice of heaven? :D

3. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Re: Southern California

Ooo thanks! We have a condo in Palm Desert so travel to SoCal a fair bit. Mind, at this point we can't take the pooch but maybe one day.....