Speying

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Jacqueline Mckendrick, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Jacqueline Mckendrick

Jacqueline Mckendrick Penny and me

Penny will be speyed this monday coming. I dont want her to go through another phantom preg. I had planned on waiting till she was over a year and had another season but with all the vets visits and meds she had to take and watching how stressed she was its better this way. I hope her recovery is quick and not too hard on her as i need to go to work next day and my dad will look after her.

2. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. When we had Belle spayed, she was back to normal next day - the hardest thing was 7-10 days of lead walks & no jumping!

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I hope all goes well for Penny. It took Poppy a week to get back to normal, but she was five years old - maybe it took it out of her more.

4. Shaz82

Shaz82 Registered Users

Good luck, Penny will be fine. Maisy came back to life in middle of the night and the next day was back to normal. The worst thing is definitely trying to stop them leaping about and jumping up.

5. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

I completely get where you are coming from regarding the phantom pregnancy, Cassie had a bad one and it was a big decider in getting her spayed, in her case after her second season. For sure, I would not wish to see her go through that again.
    She is the fifth bitch that I've had spayed, all the others were back to normal pretty much the next day, but Cassie was not. It took her nearly a week to return to her usual self, a blessing in disguise regarding stitches etc :), so I'd say it's a good thing that your Dad can care for her.

6. Joy

Joy Registered Users

It sounds like the right decision in the circumstances. Molly was fine by the day after her spay and out for an on-lead walk.

7. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

She should be fine with your dad to look after her. Xena was back to normal 24-36 hours post-spay, and then it was just 2 weeks of lead walks, which was a great training opportunity! Hopefully Penny will have a quick and easy recovery.

8. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hope all goes well. Glad you’ve got someone with her the day after as Harley was a whiny and disoriented for a few days.