Splash!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Dexter, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Splash!

Lovely photos Angela, I wont say a word about the tiny price I paid for our paddling pool :) :)

3. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Brilliant !! ;D

4. David

David Registered Users

Good stuff and the sea looks wonderful. Tried to get a paddling pool here during the recent heat wave and totally sold out.

5. Dexter

Kate,I know you told me when my search was in the early stages ;D...what to do...everything here was inflatable....the crab is actually a sandpit...but I had a brain wave to use it for water.....it will get used and I can put some sand in it if he wants to have a dig in it when it cools down ....feel very behind the times,all the gang on here have been splashing about for ages!

6. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

well poor jasper only has a baby bath to paddle in :) beautiful photos , :) very lucky boy

7. Dexter

And I bet he loves his baby bath too Lynne,a paddle to cool off is plenty for them.Dex wasn't keen on sitting down and no chance of lying down ;D so paddling is all we'll be doing I think ;D

8. kateincornwall

Sam wont go in the one we got for our grandson , wuss that he is, but little Millie loves it ;D

9. tartanmouse

tartanmouse Registered Users

Ah, he looks brill in there! Totally irrelevant, but doesn't Dexter suit the colour red!?!!

Careful emptying it, don't tip it up on it's side when it's full, they can sometimes split. Although that one looks really sturdy actually. We've split a rubbishy one once. Empty out a bit of water first (for the flowers or what ever!).

10. lynnelogan

yes he loves his little bath,only puts 2 feet in and splashes under his belly :) bless him

11. Dexter

Yes,Rachael warned of that too and was so practical she manged to get a tap inserted to hers to release the water.....no DIY skills up to that round here so we will be scooping it out to release a bit of the weight .or can just leave it in the sun for 24 hours and it will probably all evaporate :eek:
    You are right about the red.....his harness is red and I think Im going to change his collar and lead to match it although that cobalt blue is my favorite colour......when he has his brown halti ,red harness and blue collar and lead on I hang my head in style :-[ ;D

12. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

That looks perfect - it's just the thing to cool him off. Well done!

Charlie has the same red lobster as Dexter.

13. tartanmouse

tartanmouse Registered Users

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=2101.msg18538#msg18538 date=1374680845]
    his harness is red and I think Im going to change his collar and lead to match it although that cobalt blue is my favorite colour......when he has his brown halti ,red harness and blue collar and lead on I hang my head in style :-[ ;D
    [/quote]

Lugga my shocked face.... :eek: Never mind the beach police, it'll be the fashion police you need to look out for on your walks. ;D

Our lot are decidedly unco-ordinated fashion wise. Charlie has a plain red harness, a patterned red lead, and a camoflague collar (that's what you get for having all older brothers and no sisters with hand me downs)

14. lynnelogan

is sand walking better for them ? i took jasper to walk in sand yesterday,......if i walk near the fields he rolls over , he wants his lead off, so took him to the sand,......not the beach, just a local park........poor poor jasper , no pool no beach, i am going getting one of them tunnels for him, my poor boy.....he is so neglected

15. kateincornwall

Jasper , neglected ?????????????? never Lynne ;D ;D

16. Dexter

Stop now Lynne....your jasper is not neglected!hes very loved and cared for.i don't know what the official line would be on sand...in one way I think it's a soft surface so it's kind on their joints,but then I think about how I feel when I'm blummin walking over the dunes most mornings.....it's quite an unstable surface ,good workout on the legs though! X

17. lynnelogan

just thinking of the best for him, until we go to the vets fri,........off the subject, you have seen what's at my back gate over growth..... last week jasper gave an almighty bark, i thought it was the dreaded cat, after investigating ,there was a guy appeared at my locked back gate......i shouted who is it, he said i am just spraying,.....the same evening my daughter rang me to ask who was taking jasper for his walk me or mark, when i asked why she told me there was a murderer on the run, believed to be harmed sleeping rough in this area,.....rang the police to report this as they was asking members up the public to report any thing suspicious......helicopter and police out last night, the guy is still believed to be in the area........25,000 reward, ......could just see jasper getting a medal for bravery .......if i would of opened the gate, he would have licked the guy to death....nothing had been sprayed out back

18. kateincornwall

Oh my goodness Lynne , you just stay away from anywhere isolated pleased , if Jasper is as good a guard dog as Sam, he`ll be useless ::) Stay safe :(

19. lynnelogan

the back of my house is very isolated,.....jasper would give a big bark but he is no guard dog :).....if it was the guy he wont come back with that almighty bark ;D 3 weeks this guy as been on the run :mad:

20. Dexter

Gosh there's been talk of noisey dogs and different barks recently.Jasper keep the barks up,frighten Anyone dodgy off.Cant believe Ive not seen it to on the news...keep the back door locked Lynne if you are upstairs or in the front x