Spring time, leaves buffet.

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Madone, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Madone

Madone Registered Users

My lab is 6 months old, now the snow is gone and my lawn is full of leaves. I raked the lawn but still have leaves from the wind. I cannot take her potty without her trying to have a buffet, her mouth is full and tries to eat them and I am sure she ate some even if I take them out. I thought her leave it as a pup she is good for one or two things but not working on a full lawn of intersting stuff. At what age lab puppies stop eating everything?

2. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Hi @Madone

Your puppy is exploring the world. Puppies use their mouths to do so. In say another three to six months--and it varies from dog to dog--she will not be eating the leaves and everything else.

3. WillowA

WillowA Registered Users

Willow is 7 months she did stop eating and picking up stones on walks she is told to leave and she does sometimes it's an on going thing we just keep telling her to drop it if she has picked it up or leave if I get to see it first.
    She is a nightmare in the garden she always finds stones but does drop them for tteats.
    She picks sticks up all the time on walks and she wants to stop and chew them but I stop her as I think she eats the wood.
    It depends what mood she is in.
    I also told her to leave people when passing as she jumps up and that worked, birds too if they are near.