started eating poo !

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by loverlab, Dec 16, 2013.

1. loverlab

loverlab Registered Users

think fox or cat poo, last few days willow had been eating poo while out on walks :( my labs were always terible for it, their preference was cow poo and the wetter the better ! :)

i tell her no and put her on a lead, nothing else i can do. she has been off her food last few days also so not sure if upsetting her tummy

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Re: started eating poo !

Lovely.
    Have to say, slightly less trouble than rolling in it, but not nice :p

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I think that physical prevention (i.e. what you are doing) is the only way. I never met a Lab who did not enjoy cat poo :p

4. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I walk on a common and my GSP knows where there is cat poo at a cottage and just disappears off to the other end of the common to find it, she has been doing this for years now and is fit and well (bit stiff) and is 13 years and 8 months old. I have given up trying to stop her, she just goes deaf and determined and off she goes! She ate a load of horse poo yesterday and I feared the worst, but it stayed down ;D

5. MadMudMob

MadMudMob Registered Users

Our Lab, DexiD4DivaDog.clears up after our bantam hens in their night coop every morning

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Our vet tells me not to worry too much about the disgusting things dogs find and eat. Just make sure they are wormed regularly. Easier said than done, I find, and sometimes I wonder if she actually OWNS a dog herself…

7. Emma

Emma Registered Users

Charlie does this with his own poo occasionally. We mostly watch him, click and treat away from the poo but sometimes he does one when I am dealing with the children and he is in the garden and he turns around and eats it. I know the best way to stop it is to watch him constantly but does anyone have any tips for when I can't?

8. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Feeling a lot better that there are some other cat poo hunters amongst our numbers ;)

9. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Emma, the only thing that stopped Poppy eating her own poo was switching her to a raw diet. Worked literally overnight.

10. debsie

debsie Registered Users

Brodick eats lots of different kinds of poo. His favourite is fox, but dog will suffice, though he is quite discerning about dog poo. he won't eat his own (veers away dramtatically in disgust when I'm picking it up), quite likes Cuillin's ( don't have to pick up if he gets there first) but his most favourite is Cousin Lochan's. Follows her hopefully around the garden in the morning when we are staying at my sister's.......he is FOUL......

11. Emma

Emma Registered Users

Thanks Karen, I'm not confident enough to switch diets at the moment as Charlie is being investigated for tummy problems but I will bear that in mind when I next see the vet I will ask her

12. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=debsie link=topic=3691.msg41910#msg41910 date=1387364857]
    .......he is FOUL......
    [/quote]

Or 'Isgusting as my nephew says! ;D