starting to introduce Rolo to the rest of the house

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Rolokris, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Rolokris

Rolokris Registered Users

Rolo has been having a lot less accidents so after having a wee in the garden decided to let him into the lounge and dining room. He was lovely and calm at first, found shelter under the dining table, we have a rug under the table to protect the carpet from food the kids drop. Obviously even though hoovered regularly it must smell of food, so he loves it under there. He started to gnaw on my new dining chair legs! I told him no and tried to distract him to no avail. After saying no a few more times he went crazy. Running round in circles tail between his legs nipping at me and growling so rightly or wrongly I put him back in the kitchen :( I don't want to carry on like this but hate having to tell him off all the time, Iwant my nice things to stay nice. Any suggestions anybody?

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: starting to introduce Rolo to the rest of the house

A big step - good luck.

It's so nice when they can safely relax with us :)

Maybe remove the foody rug?

I use bitter apple spray to save furniture - it worked with both of my pups :)

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: starting to introduce Rolo to the rest of the house

Give him a little time in the rest of the house every day. It's only because it's so exciting and new that he got over-excited. If you stay calm, and reward his calm behavior, he will soon learn that being quiet and good means he can be in the living room with you, but being wild and biting the furniture means going back to the kitchen!