Strange behaviour

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by snowbunny, Nov 21, 2014.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I just gave the kids their lunch - Shadow is still on kibble until we've moved him completely over to the new variety, so he has that while we put Willow in the crate with some raw. Obviously, he finishes first, so I gave him a piece of dehydrated beef tendon. Yummers.

It's his first time with one of these and, instead of eating it, he keeps rolling on it! It's pretty funny, but I'm a bit worried it's only practice for the fox poo! :D

2. debsie

debsie Registered Users

Re: Strange behaviour

;D.

My girl Cuillin does this with any exciting treat she gets, very funny to watch. Bonios and dentastix just chomped down, an Antos Hedgehog or a Wonky Chomp on the other hand are flung in the air, danced around a bit with furious waggage, poubced on, then rolled on before eventual consumption!

She's a big fox poo roll fan too so maybe this is just the start for Shadow :)

3. snowbunny

[quote author=debsie link=topic=8850.msg125658#msg125658 date=1416576521]
    She's a big fox poo roll fan too so maybe this is just the start for Shadow :)
    [/quote]

Shush! We walked past one yesterday without even a flicker of interest, so I'm choosing to believe they're just not interested.

Nothing to do with it being frozen so less smelly than normal. Nope.

4. Steph

Steph Registered Users

It might not lead onto fox poo rolling when the winter's over.....but only might! At least frozen for now, the fox poo won't stick. Lucky you in the frozen lands. Our lands are soft and mushy and full of all kinds of rubbish to roll in.

Holly is a treat roller too. It started with rice bones and involved a lot of jumping, rolling, pouncing and general flinging it aboot. It almost worth getting her new kind of treat to see the happy dance. We had it for a good 20 minutes with a new antler last night.

5. skooch

skooch Registered Users

Kenzi does this, even with treats she's had before, it's quite dangerous because the look of pure joy on her face is addictive ;). She has yet to roll in fox poo or show any interest in doing so (touch wood that continues).

6. Looby Lou

Looby Lou Registered Users

[quote author=Steph link=topic=8850.msg125694#msg125694 date=1416583217]
    It might not lead onto fox poo rolling when the winter's over.....but only might! At least frozen for now, the fox poo won't stick. Lucky you in the frozen lands. Our lands are soft and mushy and full of all kinds of rubbish to roll in.

Holly is a treat roller too. It started with rice bones and involved a lot of jumping, rolling, pouncing and general flinging it aboot. It almost worth getting her new kind of treat to see the happy dance. We had it for a good 20 minutes with a new antler last night.
    [/quote]

Barney does this, it's hilarious, he sometimes even growls at them too! Devil eyes come out and then there's the 'just touching it with your snout then running off' phase, before it gets tossed all around lol x

7. snowbunny

I've seen the "new treat dance" with Willow a few times. I'm pretty sure she did a full waltz with her first raw prawn. I may be mistaken, it may have been the quickstep.

As long as she stays away from the foxtrot(s).

8. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

Penny rolls on bones and sometimes toys when she's playing with them, she never rolls in anything nasty in the field though...just eats it!!

9. Steph

Steph Registered Users

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=8850.msg125860#msg125860 date=1416644592]

As long as she stays away from the foxtrot(s).
    [/quote]

Lol