Stuck and not sure what to do!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by mmomom, Jul 3, 2015.

1. mmomom

mmomom Registered Users

So many years back I had to keep our cat's food away from our Maggie and Cody, our cat was getting on in years (sadly we lost him a few years ago) so my husband built him a little stairway to get on top of the washer where I kept his food and water dishes. Worked great! Well yesterday Miss Maui found those steps ... but they are quite a bit narrower than she is! She was able to squeeze up there ... but then, 'oh what to do now'!! It was so funny to watch! I retrieved her and she hasn't gone up the stairs since ... but then she IS a Lab, so who knows what today or the next will bring! :)
    [​IMG]

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Oh bless , inquisitive little monkeys aren't they :)

3. mmomom

mmomom Registered Users

Sure are! She has been 'pretty mellow' for a few weeks, with crazy energy here and there .... but now the fun has begun! She keeps me laughing, that's for sure!

4. David

David Registered Users

Lovely!

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hahah, mine just had a crazy five minutes with lots of play-fighting and bum-tucking. I think crazy energy and Labs are synonymous. They're both curled up on separate sofas having a nice snooze now. From 100 miles an hour to zero in thirty seconds!

Bless little Maui. She'll be keeping you on your toes for a while to come, I think! :D

6. mmomom

mmomom Registered Users

Ah yes .... and her 'fur cousins', my daughter, family and 2 Chocolates are coming for the 4th .... I'm sure there will be much 'butt-tucking and crazy'!! Fun and good times for sure! :)

7. murphthesmurf

murphthesmurf Registered Users

Oh look at her little face!! help me mamma!!! so cute. They are total clowns arent they - one of the main reasons I love this breed so much!:)

8. mmomom

mmomom Registered Users

Yes, clowns they are! I love this breed too .... so silly, so loving and so sweet! :)

9. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

He he he,her face...'I'm stuck....can you help me out'' x

10. mmomom

mmomom Registered Users

LOL!! I know ... she is so funny! :)

11. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Oh she's gorgeous, just love the expression - guess that's what we fall in love with :D. Hope you're having a wonderful 4th July with all the family and dogs

12. mmomom

mmomom Registered Users

Thanx Rosemary! We had a wonderful time yesterday and Maui is all worn out! They played in the day and later at night too! Her fur cousins Sierra and Cocoa were very busy .... as were we! :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

14. maisiesmomma2

maisiesmomma2 Registered Users

If I were to show Maisie that picture of your pups in a PROPER POOL her eyes would go from brown to GREEN with envy very very quickly!! She adores the ocean, fountains, paddling pools, etc, but having her own proper pool to play in would be heaven. Maui looks like such a big cuddly girl :)

15. mmomom

mmomom Registered Users

Thank you Rosemary! Yes, we and Maui are very fortunate! Our Maggie LOVED the ocean! We lived in MA for years along the Coast between Boston and Cape Cod so she was brought up with it. We had an above the ground pool for a while which was tough because of her claws and the plastic liner ... so when we moved to GA we put in the in ground and as I've said before, it really was 'Maggie's Pool' ... she just let us use it! Maui likes it alright, although still more timid at this stage than Maggie was. All in good time though I'm sure! Her fur cousins just relocated from CO back to FL where they used to live, so will be very interesting to see how Maui reacts when we visit and go to the Beach! Tell Maisie she's welcome to visit anytime! :)

16. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Juno would be in seventh heaven with a pool, as long as we kept throwing her dummy for her to retrieve. We were on holiday last week in Southern Brittany so she had great fun swimming/retrieving in a local lake. We decided not to let her go for a swim in the local river as it was such a long walk in the heat to get there and it was a really BIG river so we were concerned about currents. We went to the beach a couple of times as well. We were lucky I that there was 5 dog friendly beaches within 30 minutes drive - we dog friendly in as much as they are allowed on the beach, even in high summer, but must be on a lead. Juno hadn't seen the sea before and had us in fits of laughter when a wave came in and covered her head as she was investigating a sea shell. She jumped and spun through 180 degrees and looked at me as if to say "what was that mum?" Needless to say she happily put her head under the waves to gather sea weed, crabs, stones and anything else she could find. :D:D

17. mmomom

mmomom Registered Users

That is so awesome Rosemary! Sounds like Juno had fun! I remember having to take the crabs away from Maggie ... she thought everything was for eating! :) I'm told there are dog friendly beaches in St. Augustine too, so we can't wait. Even on a lead, doesn't matter ... they have so much fun and it's great for them I think! I can just picture her face with the wave!! Too funny!

18. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

I guess we're lucky that Juno has a strong "Leave it" or "Drop it" command so she dropped the crab and everything with out any real problem - didn't really fancy having to deal with a live crab dangling from Juno's mouth :D:D. I was quite happy for Juno to be on her long lead for her experience of the sea - decided it was better to err on the side of caution knowing what she's like with water :rolleyes:

19. mmomom

mmomom Registered Users

Still working on 'Drop it' with Maui .... got a ways to go, LOL!! Agree .... lead is best on the beach with the ocean. Sounds like Juno had a wonderful time! Do you have pictures?

20. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Just keep working on the "Drop it", they soon learn that it's good to drop cos they get something nice for doing it. My husband was meant to take some pictures on his phone but we had a few issues with his phone as his company were in the process of switching provider so he kept losing service so we lost some photos. The only photo of us on the beach is take from so far away it could have been anyone - men :rolleyes: