Subdued 9 month old puppy

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Susan1958, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Susan1958

Susan1958 Registered Users

I’m wondering if I can pick all your brains I have a 9 month old red lab who finished her season about 10 days ago. Ever since she seems to be very subdued, tired and just different. Much quieter than her pre-season self and a lot more serious. She does play but not for long and I feel like I have to jolly her along as she seems depressed. She is not off her food at all. Is this normal and just a hormonal thing or should I take her to the vets. Hoping you lovely people can shed some light, thank you

2. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Hi @Susan1958

The hormones affect some dogs more than others. She has passed through a significant set of changes in her chemistry. If she is still eating well, I would not worry.

3. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

Hi Susan, As Michael said it is probably just having been through a hormonal change. However, if she's not seeming like herself again in a couple of days I'd still give the vet a ring, just to be on the safe side. Let us know how she gets along!

4. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

5. Susan1958

Susan1958 Registered Users

Just though I would do an update on Ruby. She is now back to her normal cheeky, bubbly self, so it was obviously the hormones that were causing her to be tired and miserable. She is so full of beans now, a complete nutter - thank goodness. I missed her :)

6. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

That's great news, thanks so much for the update! It's worrying when they behave differently, isn't it :)