Teeth

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by FayRose, Sep 9, 2016.

1. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Molly is just coming up to 5 months old. She is beginning to get some 'grown up' teeth coming through along the bottom front of her mouth but all the rest are still her baby needles, including her scarily sharp baby canines. When I look in her mouth there are no signs at all of them coming out or anything else growing. Is this normal at her age?

My daughter's pup - chocolate lab/cocker cross, two days different in age, has all his adult teeth through. I'm a little concerned as I've read that one of the possible side effects of steroid use in pups is stunted or delayed growth. Obviously I'll check with the vet in due course but just wondered what others' experience is.

2. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

Xena is the same age as your Molly (21 weeks on Sat) and still has the needle sharp canines :( I eagerly check for their disappearance several times a day but no dice lol. Top and bottom front teeth have all come in. She's got some molars coming through, but I only noticed this because I saw some blood on her tennis ball so inspected her mouth.

FayRose likes this.
  3. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

I'm not sure if Stanley's (22 weeks) got any of his adult teeth in yet. I'm going to have to check tonight. I haven't found any round the house though.

Those big crocodile teeth are definitely still there through, I felt them this morning :confused:

FayRose likes this.
  4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

They vary a lot, like children.

Some loose them one at once, some a whole bunch at a time.

FayRose likes this.
  5. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Ah thanks for your replies, don't feel so concerned about it now. It's just a shame that Molly has been on steroids, albeit a very low dose, almost since she arrived with us at 11 weeks.:(

6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Ive got some puppy teeth from all my pups in a ginger jar on the fireplace

FayRose and Jes72 like this.
  7. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Those evil sharp canine teeth were the last ones to fall out of Bailey's mouth...and the only two teeth we ever found! We had a party to celebrate those going! He was about 5 months old when they came out, buy my sisters dog (10 weeks older than my boy) had all his adult teeth at 4 months old.

FayRose likes this.
  8. Clare Aldred

Clare Aldred Registered Users

Bella is 4 months and has lost some of her front top and bottom teeth. I can see a few adult poking through the gums along the sidees but she is showing no signs of loosing her evil canines yet. Unfortunately I'm having hard time checking her mouth as she has just had a tummy bug and the vet gave me tablets to give her which she would not take for love nor money (chicken in her case haha!) :( any suggestions on best way to get round this now?

Also does puppy teething effect their poo like it can with babies? Bella seems ok in herself but her poos (anything around 3 - 6 a day) are massive and like Mr Whippy consistency. I havent changed her diet at all and she is on 3 meals a day.

9. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Re Bella not taking pills happily!! ha,ha....none of them do! I get "pill pockets",put the pill in it and toss it to mine as though it was a treat and he catches it and swallows it. NOW...sometimes he will bite into it and realize there is a pill in it and you have to start all over again......the doggies are so darn smart! Now that mine is 2-1/2 years old I also give him a little bit of wet dog food and wrap the pill in that and he gobbles that up quickly.
    You can also get a small treat and try to get the pill into it and do the same....toss it if Bella knows how to catch or put it in with her kibble.....pill pockets and the treats I get are brown in color so look like kibble. Good luck. As to little teeth....I am well past the crocopup stage,thank goodness!!!