Teething questions

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Maddison, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Maddison

Maddison Registered Users

So Larks is just 5 months old now and teething like crazy. She wants to chew on everything (toys, rawhide, bulky sticks ect) which is fine but there is always blood on whatever she is chewing! Is this normal? I expected some but it's just making me wonder if she's hurting herself! If it hurt she would stop chewing, right? Just looking for some assurance!

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Yes, it's perfectly normal! Ours lost their teeth in the winter, and the snow made it look like a complete bloodbath! Their sister, Annie, lost hers a bit later than Willow and Shadow and she bled more than them. Where Annie and Shadow (both yellow) had been play-biting, it looked like they'd been ripping each other apart :D

3. Maddison

Maddison Registered Users

Exactly!!! We got a huge snowstorm today and she was running around eating the snow and it looked scary!!!

4. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

You want scary? Oban teethed on his Golden Retriever puppy friend. Two other dog walkers stopped us to ask if we knew the GR appeared to have been injured because his neck was covered in red.

5. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

Yup totally normal, instead of finding teeth we just found lots of bloody mouth marks on stuff! When playing with my sisters dog Bailey left so much blood on him poor Riley needed a bath (and unlike my boy Riley hates baths)