The butter thief

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Bruer, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

I got a new food mixer for Christmas and thought I'd bake a banana and walnut loaf. Baxter was in the kitchen watching the goings on. He was quiet, curled up on the floor.. angelic even. I start measuring up some of the ingredients and turned round to get the butter and it was gone. Looks over at Baxter and he's standing there with a block of butter in his mouth, it didn't help that the recipe said room temperature so this butter was soft :rolleyes: I asked him for it and he looked at me as if I was stupid.. there was no way he was going to give it to me and all the treats in the world was not going to out value that butter. I make a grab for him which leads him to think oh we're playing a game :confused: Well after the twentieth time round the kitchen i manage to grab him. I try to get the butter but by now its oozing out his mouth, it's all over my hands and anywhere else he'd managed to get it. Finally I get the wrapper off him and he looks as pleased as punch with himself. While he licks his lips I put the ingredients back in the cupboard. Game over..

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Euuuuuuuuugh,has he been sick since? Think our favorite thief Simba made away with a stick of butter ( amongst other things :rolleyes:) in his youth and there were 'repercussions' later.....shame about the Bake Off becoming Game Off!IHope Baxter isnt sick x

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oooh yukk!!! Baxter you should have waited for the Banana cake ;) Hope there are not problems from the rear end today :eek: xx

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

You little tinker ;) Sam ate a block of cheese once , I remember the end result very well :eek:

5. Cath

Cath Registered Users

LOL, sorry I know I shouldn't, but it does sound funny. Hope he is OK and you have enough butter to finish the cake :D

6. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Oh dear, he knows how to lull you into a false sense of security...! :)

7. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Oh yes, the Great Butter Episode . Hope the results aren't too messy for you....

8. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

I looked after a Dalmatian once that ate half a pound of my butter with spectacular results, 2 days later it broke into a cupboard and ate a massive bag of dog biscuits, perhaps if it had been at the same time it would have balanced out .:D :D.
    Any effects yet Bruer?

9. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Oops!! Hope Baxter didn't have too bad repercussions!

10. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

Surprisingly not.. :) thankfully lol.. I kept an eye on him and he was fine, i did clean up a lot so maybe he didn't digest as much of the butter as he'd have hoped for. He did though see snow for the first time yesterday and just loved it. So much so he annoyed us all day wanting out to play in it..
    [​IMG]

11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Aw bless!
    All is forgiven LOL :)

12. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

oh he is so lovely...Butter wouldn't melt!!!!!!Ha ha ha !x

13. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

When they look angelic they are plotting something ...always ;)

14. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Oh yuck! I can still remember the smell in the kitchen which followed when our Dalmation pinched 2 packets of butter from my mother's shopping basket when I was a child. He was a terrible thief, it was the days when thing like bread, eggs, butter etc. etc. were delivered & left on people's door steps...and dogs were allowed to roam. My poor mum was for ever knocking on people's doors to pay for what the dog had pinched.