The duck test

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Dec 13, 2012.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

We were at Charmouth on a few days holiday recently . The car park is right next to the river as it flows into the sea , and in and on the banks of the shallow river are hundreds of ducks ::) The ducks are obviously well used to people pulling up to feed them because as soon as we parked , they all came running :) I got Sam out of the car , he wasnt wearing his lead as there is no road to cross to the beach , made sure that he saw I had his dummy in my bag and hoped for the best . Bless him , I was so proud as he walked by my side, eyes on mine the whole time and completely ignoring the army of ducks all around us , not bad for a 17 month old and proving that being a passionate retriever is extremely handy :)

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: The duck test

Brilliant, well done Sam, you must be so proud. :)

It always makes me laugh when Pops spits out a dog biscuit treat, when we have the dummy out on a walk. Normally this is a girl who LIVES for her food - but like Sam retrieving is her passion and even food takes second place!

3. David

David Registered Users

She''s pretty good with not chasing game but Lady would have yielded to temptation! Well done you and Sam.

4. debsie

debsie Registered Users

Just seen this. Well done Sam, his retreiving passion sounds brilliant. I have an image of me in that situation with ten month old Hunting- Is -Cool -I've -Just Discovered Brodick and its not pretty...clever Sam. Brodicks retreiving passon is anything in water and he loves birds so I can only imagine the horror...