1. WELCOME

To join the conversation, please register. It only takes a minute!

The Gundog Club moves to force-free only

Discussion in 'The Gundog Club and The Gundog Trust' started by snowbunny, Mar 22, 2018.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

An announcement by the Trustees of the Gundog Club have announced that they will be moving over to accrediting only force-free trainers from September.

http://www.thegundogclub.co.uk/?p=3001

drjs@5, UncleBob, Plum's mum and 7 others like this.
  2. Rosie

Rosie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Splendid!

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

At long last, great news :) x

4. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Just came in to post this up and I can see you beat me to it :) I've spent much of the last couple of days dealing with the responses to the announcement on my author facebook page. Obviously not everyone is pleased ;) but the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Much more so than we had expected.

drjs@5, HAH, charlie and 4 others like this.
  5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I'm glad the conversation managed to remain civil even with the differing viewpoints. I'd also say that I left a FB group that person runs because I was horrified at some of the things she was suggesting should be done to young puppies. It certainly wasn't what I would classify as mild corrections :(

Well done, Pippa, it's brilliant news :)

HAH, charlie and pippa@labforumHQ like this.
  6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Registered Users

I live in the US and I am a minority with NOT force fetching my dogs. Yes it takes a little longer to get them to have a good hold and not drop the bird but I can not stand the thought of pinching their ear or worse to get them to hold the bird. I also do not use an e-collar for training. I want my dog to be happy and to love what he is doing not doing it because he forced to comply or I will shock him into to doing it.

Joy, Karen, Keithmac and 5 others like this.