The happy puppy handbook

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Jay Z, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Jay Z

Jay Z Registered Users

i just got done with the happy puppy book and have to say for anyone who has a new pup or in my case expecting mine in June, it is a must read. I learned a lot and will be glancing through it again before my pup arrives. My 10 year old will be starting it this week so she can understand the do's and don't. The only thing that was missing and wish there was information on is How to choose the right pup from the litter some tips or some things to look out for. So if any experts can chime in I'd greatly appreciate it.
    My next book on deck is Total Recall if it's as good as the Happy Puppy I'll be thrilled

2. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

You will really like Total Recall, too. Excellent resource for building a solid recall. Great suggestion for a book about how to pick a great puppy...! :)

Johnny Walker and drjs@5 like this.
  3. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Soooooooooo... Did you know about the new book or was that just a weird coincidence? o_O

MF likes this.
  4. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

I would just like to say, if we get any newbie forum members that would like my copy of the happy puppy hand book for free, feel free to PM me your address (If I could ask for the request to be from the UK as the international postage will cost me more than the book did)

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I'd hang onto it if I were you, for when you have puppy number 2! :D

drjs@5, edzbird and Jyssica like this.
  6. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

7. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

Hahaha, I know lots of people probably say this, But that is NOT going to happen :cwl::cwl:

SwampDonkey likes this.
  8. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Definately not ;)

Jyssica likes this.
  9. Jay Z

Jay Z Registered Users

snowbunny and drjs@5 like this.
  10. Johnny Walker

Johnny Walker Registered Users

It's funny cause I've always lived in homes with 2 dogs. I thought I knew something. Lol. It wasn't until I started reading about dogs that I realized i didn't know a thing about them. Sadly when I took an interest I was all about CM until I found Pippa and To be honest the Puppy Handbook is amazing and a necessary read but if I had to choose, I'd pick Total Recall. To most of you on here I'm a beginner but to most owners I know I can't even talk with them about their dogs. They are so far behind that to them I'm a freak... BUT.. my pet is amazing; and consistantly complimentented because I read books on training my puppy. I Spend 20-30 minutes a day learning about my best friend. And he's my best friend because I read about him everyday. Long road to travel yet but you do them well to even learn an hour a week as opposed to continuing the ineffective methods your parents used. I never had a dog that wouldn't run away. Now I can't get mine to run away so I can practice using my new recall whistle. lol.

UncleBob, snowbunny and drjs@5 like this.