The new dog bed

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Jan 10, 2014.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sam loves his big cushion to sleep on, it was bought for my last Labrador but she never liked it so it went into the loft . Sam has been using it for the two and a half years we have had him and the innards have gone really lumpy and flat, plus its a bit on the small side for him . So this afternoon , we went to Mole Valley Farmers and I bought him a new one, one of those lovely big duvet types in extra large , it wasnt cheap ::) Honestly , you have to laugh at him , he isnt a nervous dog but oh my word, he is caution personified , put one front paw on the duvet, then his other one and realised that it moved , he then refused to get his back legs on and stood there, traumatised ::) back lags on the carpet, front ones on the moving monster . Eventually he got on completely and cautiously laid down, whereupon the duvet moved again , so he shot off it, turned round and stared at it . Whilst this was going on , Millie jumped onto it and nested herself right down , she was removed to her own bed and mustering every ounce of bravery , Sam got onto it again . He is currently on the duvet at my feet , laying perfectly still so that it wont move , given what it cost me I just hope he takes to the blinkin thing :)

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Re: The new dog bed

Well quite right too. What's a dog to do if his bed moves? You keep a close eye on that Sam.... ;D ;D ;D

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Well, you can't be too careful!! ;D

4. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Oh bless him x

5. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

awh bless sam,....i have had around 10 beds in one year, think we may have a chance to get him a nice comfy bed now he as settled down,.....sam will love it by the end of the week :)

6. charlie

charlie Registered Users

You take it easy Sam, dog beds have a life of their own ;D

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Big brave Sam will manage in the end :D

8. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I bought Poppy a beautiful wicker basket a few weeks ago, lined with a sheepskin. She HATES it, and only wants her cheap old doggy bed back. ::)

9. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Priceless arent they ? ::) ::)

Happy to report that Sam is using the monster bed , even seeming to like the fact that all of him fits on it ;D

10. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Did make me chuckle Kate,I can just see him doing it,glad he seems to have come to terms with it x