The terrible twos?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by lorilou61, May 14, 2014.

1. lorilou61

lorilou61 Registered Users

Do lab puppies go through the terrible twos? Edsel has been quite a handful this week. His nice long 2 hour naps have turned into catnaps and he is going to start to believe his name is "leave it!" I find myself checking to make sure all my fingers are still in place after playtime. Thank heaven his spectacular success at potty training hasn't regressed!

Lori

2. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Re: The terrible twos?

Oh yes. I remember that. Pongo turned into a wolverine for about 2 hours every day when he was between about 9 weeks and 12 weeks. Thought it would never end, and my fingers / trousers / legs would never recover (have a look back at some of my early posts and you'll see what I mean!). But now at 22 weeks he is a lovely, calm, sensible boy who is gentle-mouthed even when playing the 'chase you wildly round the garden and CATCH you" game.

Hang in there. Make sure you have nice things for him to chew legally, that you can shove at him whenever he is chewing the wrong thing. Also we found that the 'chew deterrent' from Pets at Home was a life-saver - sprayed on furniture it was 100% effective, just like magic. Phew.

And keep reminding yourself that you really do love this puppy :eek: ! The terrible twos don't last long, it just feels as if they do.... ;)

Rosie (and Pongo)

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Yep, then the teenage stroppy, disobedient stage to come ;)

4. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Yes, they have the strops.

They are less obnoxious than human teenagers and it last much less time (Praise be)

5. lorilou61

lorilou61 Registered Users

Good to know I'm not alone in this...I think it might partly be that it's rained nonstop here for days and it has greatly reduced our outdoor time. Think he has a touch of cabin fever...just like me! We'll be taking a trip to Mississippi this weekend so lots of new sights, sounds and adventures...hopefully that will wear him out a bit.