The worst of days, the best of days...

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by SteffiS, Sep 4, 2015.

1. SteffiS

SteffiS Registered Users

Ripple started off today in an absolutely horrible mood, wouldn't even let me put his collar on, had a morning walk then nearly tore my trousers off me on the way home, had 3 'timeouts' in his crate before breakfast. After a nap (while I went swimming to give me a break) he got up and it all started again, refusing to do anything I asked, tearing at the sofa; I even ended up in tears telling him I couldn't cope and he'd have to go - I just couldn't understand what had gone wrong.
    Lunchtime he was a completely different dog, waited patiently for his meal, played 'find its', did some complicated 'touch' through my legs, even let me try his harness on him! After another nap we went for an afternoon walk, he was perfect on the lead, polite with another dog we met, then I let him off the lead and he was brilliant, mostly walking to heel without being asked and when he did wander off recalling promptly to the whistle. Then, when we got home, he laid at my feet and fell asleep which he has NEVER done before.
    I suspect I actually own two Ripples and they take turns at coming out.

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

The ups and downs of puppy parenting! Next time you get 'devil Ripple' read your post again and remember that 'angel Ripple' is just round the corner! :) Over time you'll get more and more angel and less and less devil.

I'm sure you know that he's not being deliberately naughty. He's just a baby and can be full of beans and is just having his his own little party. With teeth....

Glad you had a really good afternoon after a challenging morning :)