thinking about getting roxie a kiddie pool lol

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by punky1991, May 17, 2015.

1. punky1991

punky1991 Registered Users

Think I might get Roxie a kiddie pool she definitely got the lab love of water at almost 9 weeks she's obsessed with water

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

She will love that , but not an inflatable one, tiny claws will make sure it doesn't last long ;)

3. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Fred loves water and we got him one last year. He's not been in it this year must get it out for him.:)
    Roxie will love it :D

4. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Great idea! Best way to cool off and fun too :)

5. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

great idea! My friend has just bought her one-and-a-bit year old choccy lab Ted one - judging by the photos, it is a hit.

6. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

What type of pool did you get for Fred? Thinking about getting Juno a pool so grateful for any recommendations.:)

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I would recommend something like this solid pool like you get from toy shops (I have linked to the Argos one below).
    The one I have is large and shallow but they don't have it any more.
    Lilly prefers "natural water" LOL
    But here she is in her pool last year with cousin Georgie

[​IMG]

I would recommend buying early, as these sell out quite quickly in the summer.

8. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Thanks Jacqui, I'll have to investigate what our local garden centres in rural France are stocking in children's rigid paddling pools. I suspect Juno would like it to be about 6' x 6' and around 3' deep so she can have a good swim :rolleyes:

Lovely photo

9. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Good choice Juno.
    Add some bubbles and a bottle of fizz and you are sorted :)

10. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Got Fred one from B&Q with hard sides (child one). I was lucky enough to get one, when they were sell them off.:)

11. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I think large volume (big enough to swim) "temporary" pools are difficult - and I never like seeing a dog in a pool that it can't easily get out of when it has had enough. So by the time you've constructed something big enough for a dog to actually swim in, and get in and out of, you are talking about a proper swimming pool, I think. I saw a huge plastic thing with steps at day care once, but the water was very dirty and I didn't want my dog in it. So then there is keeping a large volume of water clean...

Anyway, so back to paddling pools. Charlie has a cheap fold up one, that's great. Most importantly, the bottom is non slip when it's stood on gravel. He is not "hard" on it - he jumps in and out neatly and uses it to cool off rather than any rough house games, so it suits us.

Unpacking the pool in the kitchen:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/123706...in/dateposted/

Playing in the garden:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/123706...n/photostream/

12. Cath

Cath Registered Users

MaccieD can you not get one off ebay?

13. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

The water does get very "dirty" very quickly - mostly in our case full of dead bugs and grass cuttings and tree blossom.
    Mostly the pool gets used in our house as a giant waterbowl.
    The bigger they are, the more difficult to move and empty.
    Some come with a stopper in the bottom to help emptying but these are often the soft plastic ones.

14. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

We got one from Argos last year it was only £10.

Molly doesn't do water! I know, she is a traitor to her kind

15. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Hope the bottle of fizz is for me and not Juno ;-)

16. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Charlie's is a Kerbl pool - I've just checked on Amazon and they have jumped in price since last year! £45! I think I paid about half that last year...it's shown on pet planet at £23.99 but out of stock. So I guess stocks of these things might be low already - like BBQs, always best to buy them in the winter.

[​IMG]pool by julieandcharlie julieandcharlie, on Flickr

17. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Think Juno would prefer a hydro pool! She's had so much fun the last few weeks and been so reluctant to come out of the pool. She has resorted to knocking toys into the pool in an attempt to go in and retrieve them.

I think I'll also investigate a pool like Charlie's as she will love the deeper water. Love the videos of Charlie - he is so gorgeous.

18. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

I don't usually use ebay as delivery can be problematic. Recently have had huge problems with Amazon and one of their sellers over a delivery, so at the moment if I can't get something locally I'm doing without until my next trip to the UK with the car. My only exception is the company that I order pet food and toys from as they use a company where I can arrange to collect my parcel from the post office. The norm is that I am told that my address is incomplete or does not exist.....

19. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Hah, yes. Charlie would love a home hydro pool, for sure! Space and budget constraints might mean that stays on his Christmas list for a while though....would be lovely, of course if it were possible. Great fun.

20. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Juno says to tell Molly she doesn't know what she's missing. Swimming is fun, and you can have so much fun splashing Mum with water and then shaking all over her. She says she knows her Mum likes it cos it makes her squeal :)