Tiger the Hero

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Emily_BabbelHund, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

For those of you who read Toby (Alf)'s and Nanda's thread, I just had an update on Tiger (aka Toby's Big Black Beast). He's just saved the life of an AmStaff by donating blood, and despite only having been off the ranch twice his whole life is being brave and a sweetheart with the vet staff.

Here's part of the email from his human:

"Big news about Tiger. He is today saving a female American Stanford donating his blood. I saw it on FB, and I thought he would be perfect. He had to have been through Parvo and have all the vaccines. And he was tested for Leish and Filaria and was negativ. So he is the perfect donnor. I never thought twice. I just rang the number and told them that he had been trough the parvo and he had all vaccines. So they tested him for Leish and Filaria and found him negativ. So he was perfect. And what is more, he went into the car without hesitation, but I entered first. Then when they had to take blood he was a champion. And they just called me now to tell me that all was going very well and he was being very easy to handle. And remember that they were all unknown people. So I am so happy and grateful that he is able to save the dog that needed his blood."

His human is making noise about officially changing Tiger and her other foster dog, Kenia, from "fosters" to "my dogs". Though I don't want to jinx anything, I do think this is how it will go. Losing Nanda was very tough on her and she has two other dogs who are 12-13 (large breeds), so while they are doing just fine, it's inevitable for her to think they may not be around for years and years either.

Tiger is incredibly attached to her, so I think he would be very happy staying where he is. I guess we'll just call this "to be continued"! :)

Screenshot 2017-05-31 21.16.58.png

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Well done Tiger xx

Emily_BabbelHund likes this.
  3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Wonderful, brave Tiger :inlove:

I hope your current home becomes your furever home!

4. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

You brave boy!
    Everything crossed you have found your perfect home

5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

That's fantastic. Hope he does stay with his 'foster' x

6. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

For purely selfish reasons, I do too - then I could keep visiting him (and having sofa slumber parties) for years to come! :pull:

Naya, drjs@5 and MF like this.
  7. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Brilliant boy, well done :heart:

8. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Great to know things like this are being done. Well done to everyone involved - particularly Tiger who didn't really have much choice in the matter - lovely boy :)